Week 10: Blue NY vs Green NY

JetsandI

3 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

He was a welcome surprise for sure. Nearly had 3 sacks today if not for a penalty on the dbs.

Our DL is in really good shape for the next few years. Williams, Fatukasi, Shepherd, and Phillips all under contract cheaply for the next few years. Just need to add one more EDGE (and re-sign Jenkins)

Fun game. Got to hang out with Chris Canty who was also a guest in the suite.  It was an ESPN radio suite so it was cool to hang with Canty who couldnt be anymore of a gentlemen. Also was his birthday. He thinks Gase is a goner after the year is over. I thought that was interesting. Well see how these next few weeks go.

• Like 1

So glad I was wrong about Barkley. Props to the run defense. GW does have flaws in some of his play-calling but the run defense was impressive. 

I love Fatusaki . I was happy when we drafted him. 

I hope you all shut up about Adams now. 

Jordan Jenkins is proving me right and I wish he was healthy all year so we could see what his stats would have been. 

Darnold is getting his confidence back. 

It was a good game overall for the rosters. I just wanted the team to show up and they did. 

• Like 1

It was great to see Nathan Shepherd stepping up today. I thought he was a wasted pick, but today he looked like the player that was hyped up in that draft. It was very smart to trade off Leonard Williams, we have too much talent on the IDL.  If we can get a edge to pair with Jenkins ( hopefully we re-sign him cause he deserves another contract), And Fatukasi just continues to be a man he is wrecking the run. I feel like Q will be much better next year, sometimes interior DL don't dominate right away. 

It was nice seeing Bless Austin playing well, I thought he was gonna be out all year then when he actually came back and made plays? Wow. Austin can play, that isn't the question, hes just been made out of glass in college. 

Sam Darnold is the man, I have seen too much of Darnold to think hes another Sanchez, or Smith. This man can play QB, he just needs help. Hes on a terrible team. Once again today he was under pressure all day and was making some big time WOW throws. Crowder is a good reliable WR, good FA pickup. Thomas was a good trade who has been productive. Anderson is trash and we should let him walk. 

The OL is trash, tired of watching them be manhandled every game. 

Daniel Jones is solid, but he also was facing a secondary that is really really bad. Darnold was the star of the day. 

I hope we don't trade Jamal Adams tbh, we need him going forward. He brings that energy every play. 

A lot of credit has to go to our defensive coaches who held Barkley to 1 yard rushing on 13 carries. The turning point of the game is when Adam made that fantastic play and stole the ball and ran for a TD, It turn the whole game around. We have to do something with that CB mess. At least we know now we have a outstanding defensive coordinator. I got a good feeling about Williams, he is our man. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

I really hope the coaches don’t get cute and put Austin on the bench once Roberts comes back. He’s easily the most talented player out of that group and it’s not close. 

I mean we thought that about Hairston too before his complete roasting last two weeks. Still Austin needs to play and we need to see what we have. I hope we try and extend Poole before FA otherwise we likely lose our only decent corner and the one who can play the slot. That position group like the o-line needs quite the overhaul. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I mean we thought that about Hairston too before his complete roasting last two weeks. Still Austin needs to play and we need to see what we have. I hope we try and extend Poole before FA otherwise we likely lose our only decent corner and the one who can play the slot. That position group like the o-line needs quite the overhaul. 

Agreed- but what I mean is that from an athletic and raw ability standpoint, he looks better than everyone we have despite it being a small sample size.

What I liked about Hairston (and I’m sure many Jets fans will agree) was his aggressiveness and tackling. If the play is in front of him he has looked good, but his lack of speed hinders him... he’d fair much better in the slot. 

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

A lot of credit has to go to our defensive coaches who held Barkley to 1 yard rushing on 13 carries. The turning point of the game is when Adam made that fantastic play and stole the ball and ran for a TD, It turn the whole game around. We have to do something with that CB mess. At least we know now we have a outstanding defensive coordinator. I got a good feeling about Williams, he is our man. 

I gotta admit as much as I hate our Corner situation we gotta fix the OL, get some EDGE rushers and add another WR before we get Corners. 

I can’t keep watching the pocket collapse and Bell get manhandled or see DT get open but have zero burst to get up the field when he does get a catch.

We also have the best run D in the league I’m pretty sure in terms of YPC and all those guys are coming back so it means 2nd and long and 3rd and long will be vital. Let’s get a guy who’s gonna get them off the field. Remember when Mosley and those ILB come back the Corners will have help in the middle and over the top. Just need to keep guys in front of them and make the tackle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I gotta admit as much as I hate our Corner situation we gotta fix the OL, get some EDGE rushers and add another WR before we get Corners. 

I can’t keep watching the pocket collapse and Bell get manhandled or see DT get open but have zero burst to get up the field when he does get a catch.

We also have the best run D in the league I’m pretty sure in terms of YPC and all those guys are coming back so it means 2nd and long and 3rd and long will be vital. Let’s get a guy who’s gonna get them off the field. Remember when Mosley and those ILB come back the Corners will have help in the middle and over the top. Just need to keep guys in front of them and make the tackle.

Agreed with all of this.

Yeah our corners are bad, but we have more pressing matters. We need to get to the QB consistently and fix the line to protect our most prized player. 

Hardly ever are we getting beat over the top. Usually its underneath routes and poor tackling. Corners shouldnt be prioritized over OL and edge.

5 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Agreed- but what I mean is that from an athletic and raw ability standpoint, he looks better than everyone we have despite it being a small sample size.

What I liked about Hairston (and I’m sure many Jets fans will agree) was his aggressiveness and tackling. If the play is in front of him he has looked good, but his lack of speed hinders him... he’d fair much better in the slot. 

Austin definitely has 1st round traits.  Injury will slow him down in long run because he needs some experience to play smoother.  Injury-free is Jets' Christmas wish.