King Henry Appreciation Thread.

dtait93

Pay the man, he is the offense Ryan Tannehill is dam good but not elite, this offense starts with Henry why mess it up. Henry is not a diva, nor a locker room cancer, works his a$$ off & he easily can lead the league in rushing again. He left a lot of yards out on the field due to vrabel & Aurt not giving him the rock earlier 

One of the biggest pieces of this to me outside of the actual football decision is the business decision of resigning the one guy on our team that is actually marketable. Before our eyes, Derrick has turned into the face of this Franchise in every sense of the word. For years our Franchise has been suffering from a lack of "star players" we finally have one, and a homegrown talent at that, and we're going to let him walk because of the position that he plays? I seriously doubt it. Derrick means everything to our Franchise on and off the field. He's the heart and soul of this team, and that to me is priceless regardless of if there's a drop off in the next couple years or not. What he means to this team and our identity is worth every penny that we'll have to pay him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titanrick said:

1. Zeke (He did well this year, but they still finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs.  And he was healthy all year!)

They're 8-8 finish had everything to do with their coaching. He's worth the money

2. Gurley (Awful contract and it's hindering their ability to upgrade elsewhere.  CJ Anderson performed better when it mattered most last year)

He has arthritis in his knee. That was dumb of them to give him that contract before investigating it further as it was clear he was not right in the playoffs last year.

3. Bell (No one can argue he made much of a difference for the Jets this year.  Not at that price.)

Bell made his living behind a top 5 o-line and HoF QB and WR while never having to face stacked boxes weak in and week out. It was widely argued he wasn't deserving of the contract he got because of that. 

4. David Johnson (horrendous return for the money this year)

It was silly to give him such a large contract right after the season he missed 15 games.

5. Devonta Freeman (hard to tell the difference between him and his backups)

This one I'll concede.

7. McKinnon (He's been hurt the entire length of the contract.  And that's a huge factor in why it's not smart to pay RBs)

Yeah except his injuries were a freak thing that can happen to any player though. It's not because he's a running back. This is a bad example. Either way, paying him what they paid him was dumb. He never eclipsed more than 600 yards or 4 TD's in any of the 4 years he was with Minnesota.

2 hours ago, titanrick said:

9. Lamar Miller (Hurt and underperformed when healthy)

I'll concede this one as well.

10. Duke Johnson (I had no idea he was in the top ten!  He's certainly not a difference maker either)

Yeah don't need to argue this one, he clearly was never worthy of top 10 RB dollar.

6. Saquon (bad year this year, but this is the only contract on this list I would feel comfortable with)

8. Fournette (I actually thought he played well this year, but he didn't make a difference on his team either)

Don't need to argue these either since they're on rookie deals.

So that's 5/8 of the eligible RB's you listed that had clear and obvious red flags not to pay them top 10 RB money. Derrick Henry doesn't have those red flags and he's just as good or better (besides Zeke probably) than the RB's signed to big deals with no red flags.

I think you pay Henry. He means something here. And he is a top 5 rb. 

It's not my money. Lol. I trust Robinson will build a contact that will not kill us. If they can find a way and not lose someone they want to keep then pay him. 

He is a leader here and has value beyond the field. Unlike someone like Zeke. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -Hope- said:

cherry picked stats and all but this is....quite a list

It may be slightly cherry picking, but all those filters make sense... you're looking at workhorse backs (eliminate RBs who averaged under 20 carries/game), who are efficient with their carries (5.0+ ypc), and with a nose for the end zone (15+ tds).  The definition of an all around rusher.

It's an impressive list.  Some of the all time great rushing seasons there.  

Edited by ragevsuall17