This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

13 minutes ago, Chili said:

I never understood the hate against pineapple pizza connoisseurs. What you said was so pineapplist. Threatening death to people who simply hold a different opinion.

Pineappleist hate speech must not be tolerated on this forum.  Absolutely no place for that on here or anywhere for that matter.

Shame, shame, shame on you, you pineapplist. ¬¬

Lol. I've actually never had it myself.

9mm bullets is a thing from like over a decade ago where a guy does an Arnold impression and he has Arnold's Pizza Shop and every pizza he sells has 9mm bullets on it. 

5 hours ago, Chili said:

Ok. I'm making pizza tomorrow. The main topping is pineapple.

What other toppings would you guys recommend to go with it? oh...and ham is not an option. xD

I worked at a pizza place for many years...I used to make pineapple and jalapeno pizzas all the time. Very good combo.

• Like 1

For me, the sweetness of the pineapple clashes with the mozzerella and tomato flavor of a pizza, it isn't great with the bread either.  That is why I can't stand pineapple on pizza.  I am not opposed to pineapple in general, pineapple juice is amazing, and mixing it with rum leads to a great time, followed by a rough morning.

It might be the combination of fruits, pineapple and tomato.  I also can't stand those mango salsas.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Having a random person talk to you about how they were good at high school baseball has to be one of the saddest experiences in life. 

My dad was a college track coach, qualified for the Olympic trials once upon a time as well. And he refers to people like this as "Class B mother ****ers." Lol

• Like 4

For this board, does an image need to be hosted before it can be uploaded?

Every attempt on my part to upload an image ends in failure.

So if I see an image on the web that must be shared, which I have, and I save it to my phone, which I have done, must I transfer it to an image hosting site or am I ready to speak the magic words of uploading?

And what is, pray tell, the series of actions for uploading images to this site which have been inscrutable to me thus far?

33 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

So if I see an image on the web that must be shared, which I have, and I save it to my phone, which I have done, must I transfer it to an image hosting site or am I ready to speak the magic words of uploading?

And what is, pray tell, the series of actions for uploading images to this site which have been inscrutable to me thus far?

Like for an avatar or signature, or just in the middle of a post? Avatars and signatures you have to link in your profile, and honestly, I haven't messed with that in a long time.  To just put a picture into a post, get the URL for the image (make sure that the URL is for the image itself, not the page it is from, that won't work) and copy it.  Then click on the tab near the submit button that says "Insert other media," click it and select "Insert image from URL." You will get a pop-up box to paste the address of the image, and if the link is correct, it will be put in just like the text where your text cursor is located.

It may be different for mobile.  I haven't used this site on my phone for a real long time.

1 hour ago, Uffdaswede said:

It has to have a hosted URL for the site to reference. If you're on your phone, you could probably hold down on the image, select "Copy Image URL" and then post that to the site.

If not, you need to upload it to an image hosting site. Imgur is the best site for doing that. 

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Like for an avatar or signature, or just in the middle of a post? Avatars and signatures you have to link in your profile, and honestly, I haven't messed with that in a long time.  To just put a picture into a post, get the URL for the image (make sure that the URL is for the image itself, not the page it is from, that won't work) and copy it.  Then click on the tab near the submit button that says "Insert other media," click it and select "Insert image from URL." You will get a pop-up box to paste the address of the image, and if the link is correct, it will be put in just like the text where your text cursor is located.

It may be different for mobile.  I haven't used this site on my phone for a real long time.

Ahh.. I only access through my phone. 
Might have hit on the problem.

I think I solved the technical issue, but now I can’t bring myself to post the image. Imagine if Randall Cobb, the angel, turned to a life of dissolution and crime. His doppelgänger showed up on the internet, having killed two men who intervened in a fight in Pennsylvania.

Edited by Uffdaswede

On 10/19/2019 at 2:49 AM, wgbeethree said:

Having a random person talk to you about how they were good at high school baseball has to be one of the saddest experiences in life. 

Other than scouts and parents, does anyone really give a XXXX about HS baseball?

Was just in NO.  Definitely check out the WWII museum.  Not the place you would expect such a thing, but it's really a can't miss.

Otherwise, head over to Frenchman St. and listen to some live music.  The rest of the French Quarter is a nice freak show, but mostly just a tourist trap.  Get beignets from Cafe' du Monde just to say you did, but not because they are anything more than fried dough + powdered sugar.  We did a fan boat swamp tour that was pretty fun.  Dem bayou boys don't mind playing with the alligators.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Was just in NO.  Definitely check out the WWII museum.  Not the place you would expect such a thing, but it's really a can't miss.

Otherwise, head over to Frenchman St. and listen to some live music.  The rest of the French Quarter is a nice freak show, but mostly just a tourist trap.  Get beignets from Cafe' du Monde just to say you did, but not because they are anything more than fried dough + powdered sugar.  We did a fan boat swamp tour that was pretty fun.  Dem bayou boys don't mind playing with the alligators.

Thanks for the tips Mike - looking forward to checking that stuff out.