This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

@Packerraymond

It isn't just you...dealing with higher anxiety right now.  I'm in the employee benefits world and there is a huge uptick on anxiety right now.  

Couple things have come my way about how to combat anxiety....and they've been mentioned before, but I'll mention them again.  Per "Your Wellness Matters"....

According to a Gallup poll, 55% of American are stressed during the day.  This is 20% higher than the prior average of 35%.  77% of Americans say that their stress affects their physical health.  73% of Americans say their stress affects their mental health.  48% of Americans say their stress disrupts their sleep.

Most commons signs of extreme stress include trouble sleeping, social withdrawn, appetite changes and chest pain.  Feelings of anxiety, depression, irritability, restlessness, anger and fatigue are also common.

Per the Newsletter....  What can be help reduce stress?

• Plan and prioritize your most important responsibilities
  • Listen to relaxing music to help calm you down
  • Get some exercise to work off your stress and release stress fighting endorphins
  • Try meditating, as this activity can help you calm your mind and remain focused on the present
  • Avoid carffeine, as this stimulant and worsen your stress
  • Practice self-care and make time for yourse.f
  • MOST IMPORTANTLY, IGNORE @Norm!!  :)

Take care of yourself, man.  You've got a wedding coming up and all of this virus stuff, no doubt you are stressed and feeling anxiety.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Anybody else's conditioning go to absolute hell? **** it's going to suck getting it back. We're all in agreement that summer bodies are cancelled, right?

Nope. Going to the beaches may be cancelled....but my body will be in summer mode regardless.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Anybody else's conditioning go to absolute hell? **** it's going to suck getting it back. We're all in agreement that summer bodies are cancelled, right?

I started planking two weeks ago.  Up to two minutes now, and I think I’m probably still in the bottom 10%, LOL.  I’ve got a long way to go, but man that sh!t hurts so good.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Tabata style high intensity interval training.

Sprints

Plyometric pushups

Speed squats, speed lunges, lunge jumps, squat jumps

Burpee

Standard fair exercises, 20 to 30 minutes including a 5 ish minute warmup.

After 20 somethin somethin years, still holding at 6'-4" and 210. God gets all the credit and I get zero. 36" inseam and 37" arm length probably helps. Now that I think about it, I should check because I might have shrunk.

Edited by cannondale

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Tabata style high intensity interval training.

Sprints

Plyometric pushups

Speed squats, speed lunges, lunge jumps, squat jumps

Burpee

Standard fair exercises, 20 to 30 minutes including a 5 ish minute warmup.

nah

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

nah

absolutely not for you @Norm, your level of physical specimen needs a completely different routine

left hand/wrist grasp + flexion combined with right hand key grip + right wrist radial deviation -- beer bottle opening

left arm subtle lift and left wrist ulnar deviation followed by elbow flexion and shoulder elevation -- beer bottle acknowledging bartender, then a swig

short walk to the exterior door -- going for a smoke

right thumb IP flexion combined with left hand "cup closure followed by a quick inhalation -- lighting your cigarette

sustained sitting on higher surfaced circular sitting device -- sitting on your bar stool

feel free to put your thoughts on what those mean

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, squire12 said:

absolutely not for you @Norm, your level of physical specimen needs a completely different routine

left hand/wrist grasp + flexion combined with right hand key grip + right wrist radial deviation -- beer bottle opening

left arm subtle lift and left wrist ulnar deviation followed by elbow flexion and shoulder elevation -- beer bottle acknowledging bartender, then a swig

short walk to the exterior door -- going for a smoke

right thumb IP flexion combined with left hand "cup closure followed by a quick inhalation -- lighting your cigarette

sustained sitting on higher surfaced circular sitting device -- sitting on your bar stool

feel free to put your thoughts on what those mean

Is he smoking the wacky tabacky

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Is he smoking the wacky tabacky

Nah, he's drinking a beer and stepping out for a smoke
Although he's only a couple of wrist flexions away from self-flagellation... but this is a family board.