This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

11 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

So Brooklyn 9-9 is just live action Archer? 

Fan.

That show started out really strong and then got worse and worse and worse and worse until I couldn't even watch it anymore.  It also got extremely preachy, which felt so weird and offputting for a comedy that I just could not watch it anymore. 

4 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I finished the 800-hour back catalog of my favorite podcast and now I am left to just wander the streets aimlessly. nothing seems real

if you wanna start a new one, i've re-listened back thru all of the episodes of this one like 3 times 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIo5Ixul2Js&list=PLJMBq1308zKsnwCT4642Coqc5DDxESydf&index=1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

That show started out really strong and then got worse and worse and worse and worse until I couldn't even watch it anymore.  It also got extremely preachy, which felt so weird and offputting for a comedy that I just could not watch it anymore. 

Well that's no good. I just started it. I guess that's what happens to network TV if you want to keep getting seasons.

15 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Well that's no good. I just started it. I guess that's what happens to network TV if you want to keep getting seasons.

I’m a strong believer in the idea that most shows should end after 3-4 seasons. After that there’s just usually not enough story there to keep going without things getting absurd and the need to escalate conflict means that going much longer than that and your audience kind of just becomes desensitized to whatever stakes you can throw at them while keeping their initial suspension of disbelief intact. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I’m a strong believer in the idea that most shows should end after 3-4 seasons. After that there’s just usually not enough story there to keep going without things getting absurd and the need to escalate conflict means that going much longer than that and your audience kind of just becomes desensitized to whatever stakes you can throw at them while keeping their initial suspension of disbelief intact. 

Big Bang Theory is solid proof of this stance. Trailer Park Boys, Letterkenny, The Thick of It, and it's spinoff VEEP are not however...

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Big Bang sucked from the jump though?

I'd have to disagree with that. It had its moments and did get off to a bit of a slow start, but once some of the characters not named Penny were getting into relationships, that's when it jumped the shark because it got unrealistic. It still has its moments, but I get annoyed watching that show now.