Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

Just fiddling around with OTC, I think that they include the roll over on the main cap space page, but not on the calculator for some reason. On the main page, it shows the 2020 cap space as about 24 million (which would be 9+ we have left this year, plus 13+ it has noted on the calculator), so I do think that it's the higher amount on those figures that I provided earlier. So before any cuts, but after ERFA tenders + draft pick pool, expect about 15 million in money to fiddle around with. After cuts (Jet / Goodwin / Coleman), we are up to about 27 million (give or take). Thats a solid starting off point to get people back, especially if they are contract extensions and not tags, including AA. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Just fiddling around with OTC, I think that they include the roll over on the main cap space page, but not on the calculator for some reason. On the main page, it shows the 2020 cap space as about 24 million (which would be 9+ we have left this year, plus 13+ it has noted on the calculator), so I do think that it's the higher amount on those figures that I provided earlier. So before any cuts, but after ERFA tenders + draft pick pool, expect about 15 million in money to fiddle around with. After cuts (Jet / Goodwin / Coleman), we are up to about 27 million (give or take). Thats a solid starting off point to get people back, especially if they are contract extensions and not tags, including AA. 

I did the same on Spotrac and got to the point where I got our cap up to $31.2 mil by cutting McKinnon, Coleman, and Goodwin. These three cuts saved me $13.3 mil. I stopped there because I was frustrated that I couldn't extend players to lower cap hits in 2020. I did restructure the contracts of Jimmy G and Ford, which took my cap number to $58.7 mil. 

The 49ers are going to have to do financial gymnastics to have a decent cap number this offseason. Our window is right now and it needs to be capitalized on. If we don't win the Super Bowl this year, we need to acquire some proven vets at key spots to make a run next year. 

• Like 2

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

I did the same on Spotrac and got to the point where I got our cap up to $31.2 mil by cutting McKinnon, Coleman, and Goodwin. These three cuts saved me $13.3 mil. I stopped there because I was frustrated that I couldn't extend players to lower cap hits in 2020. I did restructure the contracts of Jimmy G and Ford, which took my cap number to $58.7 mil. 

The 49ers are going to have to do financial gymnastics to have a decent cap number this offseason. Our window is right now and it needs to be capitalized on. If we don't win the Super Bowl this year, we need to acquire some proven vets at key spots to make a run next year. 

That sounds about right. My numbers are already subtracting ERFA tenders and the draft class cap pool which is about 5 million. 

You can do those on the OTC calculator, just fyi, but you have to know the numbers and what not that you want to put in. Still, I am encouraged. Some minor finagling gets us to a good point to keep everyone, and some additional moves will give us some breathing room. I wouldn't expect us to be super active in free agency, but this is a good team as it is. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

That sounds about right. My numbers are already subtracting ERFA tenders and the draft class cap pool which is about 5 million. 

You can do those on the OTC calculator, just fyi, but you have to know the numbers and what not that you want to put in. Still, I am encouraged. Some minor finagling gets us to a good point to keep everyone, and some additional moves will give us some breathing room. I wouldn't expect us to be super active in free agency, but this is a good team as it is. 

We definitely need it because straight out of the gate without the 2020 cap number adjustments, this is how the NFC West stacks up:

1. Cardinals: $74.2 mil (7th in NFL)

2. Seahawks: $72.7 mil (8th in NFL)

3. Rams: $25.3 mil (24th in NFL)

4. 49ers: $17.8 mil (26th in NFL)

This is not an advantageous position to be in for the 49ers where the Seahawks have a boatload of money, even after paying Wilson. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

We've been talking about paraag being a cap wizard for years. Time for him to earn that title 

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanahan also said Sherman/Tartt will be out this Sunday.

Seriously, the defense is so damn banged up. Shame as this was such a special unit for much of the season. 

Well ****, he has to be out for at least 6 games... meaning if we get a bye he is done for the year, but if we are the WC team he could potentially come back in February? Or is it 6 weeks and not 6 games? 

Damn shame, hes been really freaking good. Would honestly be the offseason to lock him down though. When a player gets hurt the year before they go into a contract year, often times they will trade some potential earnings for security. We could just make him have some roster bonus that comes due after next season, to keep his cap hit low for this year. 

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Well ****, he has to be out for at least 6 games... meaning if we get a bye he is done for the year, but if we are the WC team he could potentially come back in February? Or is it 6 weeks and not 6 games? 

Damn shame, hes been really freaking good. Would honestly be the offseason to lock him down though. When a player gets hurt the year before they go into a contract year, often times they will trade some potential earnings for security. We could just make him have some roster bonus that comes due after next season, to keep his cap hit low for this year. 

It is 8 weeks. Jones is done for the year.

• Like 1