Browns Cut Callaway

brownie man

Just now, buno67 said:

Where’s your link to prove that there wasn’t any issues?

you explain why the team fell apart that year the minute Gordon came back and Hoyer was force to feed him?

Lol you can't be serious. Find a link where they state there is no issue? Yeah they make those all the time. FRONT PAGE NEWS: NOTHING WRONG. You're insane dude.

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Lol you can't be serious. Find a link where they state there is no issue? Yeah they make those all the time. FRONT PAGE NEWS: NOTHING WRONG. You're insane dude.

Front page news? Stuff came out years afterward. I know you love Gordon but the dude was a bum outside of ‘13 and that’s it

13 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Rudolph is bad. I hope they’re committed to him succeeding Ben long term. 

That was the takeaway I had from last night prior to the 8 second melee 

why t f did they trade away their first lol I think they’re losin it in Pittsburgh 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yeah but we obviously can't expect guys to think and act like normal people when they have been told their gods since little league, then all of the sudden act like a coal miner, that's a big adjustment for some. A player nowadays is lucky to have a high school/college coach to keep them grounded and humble. Not as easy a task as people think.

Perhaps I wasn't clear, so that's my fault. What I meant to say is that people expected Calloway to figure out life, which he has NEVER been able to do. In some cases, people like him (albeit rarely) can go into a good locker room, situation, and have a quality support system to help them maximize their full potential, stay out of trouble, be accountable to themselves and their team/coaching staff, and then be productive players. In order to do so, you need a strong locker room and functional organization, and even then, often it doesn't work (See: New England and AB/others).

I'm not blaming the Browns per say, just merely stating that this isn't a surprise nor should it be. I'm not upset that we wasted a 4th rounder, as he's a 1st Round talent. If we miss 9 times out of 10, that 10th time will be a major hit and worth it. It's better than drafting some career special team LB/Gunner IMO.

• Like 1

I get that the lettuce is cool and helps people get through their days and pain, but the choice between 10s of millions of dollars and blazin up for some relief or escape is just utter insanity. 

These players could spend 40K a year max to devise a perfect plan or pay someone to be their personal "make sure I don't piss dirty while I enjoy weed assistant."

Tons of players partake in the league the same way the general population does. The one's that get caught are usually the guys that just can't get it together unfortunately.

The truth is.. with what Callaway has experienced in life the medicinal aspect may help him some, but more than that counseling and professionalism guides would've maybe helped him stay on the right track toward making millions.