The Myles Garrett incident

Webmaster

I cannot stand Pouncey, but he's not in the wrong on this one. He met an escalation with the same level that Myles Garrett took it too (if anything, taking him down and throwing a few punches to a fully padded Garrett is actually pretty tame).

I love you my guy, but Pouncey was definitely in the wrong.

So was Garrett, so was Rudolph, so was Larry.

Lots of blame to go around, but no victims or heros.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
Check that, DeCastro was a damned hero. Props to that guy.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’ve been rational and levelheaded in this thread and I appreciate that, but shoving the crown of your helmet under a dude’s chin when he isn’t expecting it is also using it as a “weapon” to inflict damage.

And a jump kick to a punter’s face isn’t “part of the game”.

The hypocrisy of Steelers fans (not saying you specifically) cheering for a half dozen dirty players over the years only to come clutch the pearls in here is what some of us find amusing. 

That was just funny!!

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

But Garrett reaction DOESN'T justify his assault. He escalated the situation significantly by removing and swinging a helmet.

Had he pulled and jostled at the facemask like Rudolph did, he would have reacted in a justifiable way. He took that pull/jostle and escalated the situation by removing the helmet - just removing Rudolph's helmet was an escalation of events. We're not even talking about the swing, the swing pushes the escalation much further. The only way Pouncey can escalate beyond that is if he tried to cut him at the knee and blow his knee (and livelihood) out. THAT would put Pouncey on an unforgivable level - trying to deliberately ruin Garrett's career.

I cannot stand Pouncey, but he's not in the wrong on this one. He met an escalation with the same level that Myles Garrett took it too (if anything, taking him down and throwing a few punches to a fully padded Garrett is actually pretty tame).

Stompjng someones head is never a justified reaction.

They are equal ogfensse or close to it. 

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I love you my guy, but Pouncey was definitely in the wrong.

So was Garrett, so was Rudolph, so was Larry.

Lots of blame to go around, but no victims or heros.

I love you too, bud - but I see it as an understandable response to a guy taking another guys helmet off and then using it to hit somebody with. Not a right response, perhaps - but understandable.

I'll totally concede that NOBODY was in the right on this one. (Ok, DeCastro is). Outside observers will say this isn't a good look for the sport, at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I move to ONLY post in poem format in this thread from here on out. All of those with me  give me a virtual "hell yeah!" (in the form of a virtual football).

Garrett was violent 

And he shouldn’t have hit ‘em

But none of that means

That Mason’s a victim 

Eight games or more

That suspension should do it 

Instead of swinging the helmet 

He just should’ve threw it 

Glad masons OK

That could’ve been worse 

a five pound helmet

weighs as much as a purse