The Myles Garrett incident

Webmaster

27 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

If you take the hit with the helmet in insolation then yes, maybe that would be correct. But there were things that happened right before that weren't there?

They don't change anything. If this exact situation happened in a bar in front of a cop, Garret would have been arrested.

Just now, wwhickok said:

How? Its the truth. My point is that image wise, theres no return from this for Garrett. This incident is what he will be remembered for moving forward.

Image wise, he'll only recover as much as Suh has.  Suh's incident was worse, but Garrett's looks worse.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I mean people are suggesting that Antonio Brown be blackballed for being a crazy person on twitter, and not for intentionally kicking a punter in the face. So you're probably not getting a whole lot of reasonable takes.

Expecting rationale and nuance from NFL Gen seems like a bad idea in general tbh 

Just now, wwhickok said:

How? Its the truth. My point is that image wise, theres no return from this for Garrett. This incident is what he will be remembered for moving forward.

Is that Joey Porter in your profile picture? The same guy that was unanimously felt to be one of the most dirty players in the NFL for a long period of time?

I’m not endorsing what Garrett did, but it’s interesting you are taking such a moral high ground on this with him as your player of choice. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

They don't change anything. If this exact situation happened in a bar in front of a cop, Garret would have been arrested.

Sure, it would have been the same here too. But the other three would have also been arrested. And he would get off.

2 minutes ago, Jaytrajik said:

Is there any videos of Myles Garrett's response from last night. I'd like to hear his side of the story and see where his head was at. 

When asked does the incident take away from the win. He said a wins a win. 8 seconds doesn’t change what they did the rest of that game

• Like 1

As much as we are talking about Garrett negatively, not enough is being said about Mayfield positively. 

I've been on of his biggest critics about how sometimes he should just stfu. 

Last night, man it takes some serious amount of integrity to go into an interview and be honest and put your team and the well being of people not even on your team first.

He showed leadership, maturity, and integrity last night and earned a ALOT of respect from me personally. Regardless of him as a player, as a person, to me, he took a step forward image wise for sure, a huge step. Maybe he has always been that guy (probably has been) but it's honestly the first time we have seen it. It's just unfortunate the circumstances in which we had to see it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Is that Joey Porter in your profile picture? The same guy that was unanimously felt to be one of the most dirty players in the NFL for a long period of time?

I’m not endorsing what Garrett did, but it’s interesting you are taking such a moral high ground on this with him as your player of choice. 

its Devin Bush

• Like 1