Jump to content
SteelKing728

NFL Week 11 GDT

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Danand said:

Are texans always this conservative with the pass rush, or is it just after JJ Watt got injured? Constantly a 4 man contain rush

Last year our only pass rush other than Watt was Clowney. This year Mercilus started hot but he isn't good enough to be the #1 pass rusher where the line keys on him. So we have zero pass rush. Our secondary isn't strong enough to play short (if we blitz) or sustain for a long time (when we don't get to the QB with 4 man rush). So basically we are screwed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Danand said:

Are texans always this conservative with the pass rush, or is it just after JJ Watt got injured? Constantly a 4 man contain rush

It's both - Whitney Mercilius can get pressure, DJ Reader is a grinder pass rusher who just powers his way to the QB - but this pass rush is REALLY trying to contain today, this isn't normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Danand said:

Another inaccurate throw by Jackson, but great catch by the wide receiver. Bailed Jackson out there.

You throw balls up high in the end zone so covered guys can elevate.

He has been inaccurate today but that was a good throw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ET80 said:

It's both - Whitney Mercilius can get pressure, DJ Reader is a grinder pass rusher who just powers his way to the QB - but this pass rush is REALLY trying to contain today, this isn't normal.

How do you use Omenihu? Only in pass rush packages or? He had some potential coming into the draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SkippyX said:

You throw balls up high in the end zone so covered guys can elevate.

He has been inaccurate today but that was a good throw.

Just talking BS here based on the "Lamar can't throw narrative".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like Houston is the same team every year. They're never bad or even average.
 

Just good. Nothing more and nothing less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×