Coaching staff over haul

coachbuns

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Dude's brother won't even work for him, what a turd.

Didn't everyone hate Getsy as the WR coach too? Or am I confused on that.

I think you may have been thinking of the other WR coach. Riah was a disaster of a coach according to several reports. I liked what I read about Getsy, but the results certainly weren't there.

• Like 1

We are 8-3. A few people will get replaced. Heads aren’t going to roll though.

With that said, I do think Gute deserves more blame for weaknesses this year, in particular for our STs. Part of our issue is roster construction at the bottom. This is the first year I can remember that we don’t have any pure core special teamers (like a Jarret Bush, Janis). Maybe it is purely lack of development, but it could be just a lack of keeping those type of guys. Look at our bottom 2-3 corners/wrs. We have valued guys who are development guys or guys who can play O/D snaps now like Kumerow, Lazard, J Jackson, Holman, Sullivan, Brown, over that pure special team gunner this year. Literally there is zero reason why Ryan Grant (wr) has a roster spot right now. Throw in we have 4 tes which none are plus STers. We don’t have that 5th ilb ster. 

Plus returner for KC, T Smith didn’t just get slow. 

• Like 1

Can someone tell me why MLF is getting criticism???

without the “ gotta get your guys ready to play “ rhetoric 

in both blowout losses, the offensive line got dominated . Inside, outside, they got destroyed . How is any play supposed to work when that happens ?? If we have to worry about Bahktiari or our interior, we’re in trouble. 

I just don’t think we can point the finger at MLF for Sun. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

in both blowout losses, the offensive line got dominated . Inside, outside, they got destroyed . How is any play supposed to work when that happens ?? If we have to worry about Bahktiari or our interior, we’re in trouble. 

People like pretending the world is ending when their team gets killed.

Hence the influx of dumb topics posted immediately after the game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

mudicSM.png

2nd play of the game was 2nd and 10. Runs on 2nd and 10 are the worst, but runs on 2nd and 10 against a stacked box is a huge problem. I get that it's part of the script, but this is the sort of bad playcalling, that puts you into 3rd and 10 and asking your Offensive Line to hold up against the opposing team's pressure package.

+++

The very next second down, we get 2nd and 3, once again against a stacked box. We run it into that box again even thought 2nd and short is the big play down and distance. 

The very next play we get 3rd and 4. 49ers come out with a very soft box. Instead of taking the yardage, we motion Jones out of the backfield to get into an empty set for reasons that will never make sense to me on any down and distance where there's a passable threat to run. 

+++

3rd drive, I'm kinda whatever on. Line got blown up immediately on 1st down putting you into 2nd and 13. Ran a little screen to get you into 3rd and 9. On 3rd down, i'm not a huge fan of the bubble screen to a RB when the Safety is only 5 yards off the line, but you want to get it out fast with how bad the line is killing you. I'd like to see a little more faith in our guys across the board though, give somebody a shot at it.

+++

4th drive, you end up in 2nd and 16 due to an illegal block on Allison. Come out with a super uninspired and predictable slants play that goes for the exact same 3 yards it always goes for. 3rd and 13 isn't one you like to be calling for, but the playcall was alright. Rodgers literally never took his eyes off of Adams and brought the safety right down to him. He was lucky it only got tipped for as small as this window was and for as hard as he was eyeballing it. 

+++

5th drive, this was actually a pretty nice drive that Rodgers derailed on 2nd down (after a few sequences) when he decided he didn't want to take a wide open Lewis for a gain of 13 and instead decided he wanted to throw a deep ball to Davante out of bounds. I actually like the call on 3rd and 8 that got it to 4th and 1 on the Davante blitz beater. You need to be aggressive and that set you up for a 4th and 1. And then on that 4th and 1, we decided to run Jones out of the shotgun into the gap occupied by their single gapping NT who Linsley hadn't been able to move all night, and didn't on this play. Just a bad decision. Shouldn't have been Jones and should have been Williams, and should have been literally any other gap on the line. We would have been better off with the Lewis v Bosa 1v1 matchup than this. 

+++

6th drive, how is Aaron Rodgers this bad at reading the RPO? It is actually mind boggling at this point how he hasn't stumbled into getting one of these right. Like he's got a 50/50 chance. So 1st down is shot. 2nd and 10, you bet your *** we're running up the middle to get to 3rd and long. Then Rodgers is too much of a chicken to pull the trigger on a Davante slant that's wide open if it means he (Rodgers) gets hit. I'm getting ready to bump my "Is Rodgers a good presnap QB. 

+++

7th drive, 2nd and 6, Rodgers has Lewis wide open for a first down. Instead decides to go to an open-ish Davante going deep down the sideline and misses him by 3 yards. 3rd and 6, Rodgers predetermines that he's throwing the outside slant to Aaron Jones, realizes at the last second that Jones is completely covered and ends up pulling it to the left out of bounds so that neither jones nor the defender has a shot. Geronimo Allison in man to man on a LB on the other side of the formation never even gets a look.

+++

8th drive, 2nd and 8 (really loving this thing where we run on every 1st down and get minimal yardage so we can get behind the sticks every sequence). Rodgers stares down Davante on a 10 yard out route and throws it outside and low (Drink) rather than even looking at the wide open Allison on the other side of the formation. 3rd and 8 with 40 seconds left in the half, we leave Alex Light on an island against Nick Bosa in their pressure look who promptly murders him for a sack.

+++

9th drive, This was the TD drive. Big fan of the 4th and 4 call to go for it at midfield.

+++

10th drive, should have surrendered at 30-8, not gonna bother with the rest of these. To make a long story short. There was bad playcalling galore in addition to Rodgers being a genuine scrub out here. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

mudicSM.png

2nd play of the game was 2nd and 10. Runs on 2nd and 10 are the worst, but runs on 2nd and 10 against a stacked box is a huge problem. I get that it's part of the script, but this is the sort of bad playcalling, that puts you into 3rd and 10 and asking your Offensive Line to hold up against the opposing team's pressure package.

+++

The very next second down, we get 2nd and 3, once again against a stacked box. We run it into that box again even thought 2nd and short is the big play down and distance. 

The very next play we get 3rd and 4. 49ers come out with a very soft box. Instead of taking the yardage, we motion Jones out of the backfield to get into an empty set for reasons that will never make sense to me on any down and distance where there's a passable threat to run. 

+++

3rd drive, I'm kinda whatever on. Line got blown up immediately on 1st down putting you into 2nd and 13. Ran a little screen to get you into 3rd and 9. On 3rd down, i'm not a huge fan of the bubble screen to a RB when the Safety is only 5 yards off the line, but you want to get it out fast with how bad the line is killing you. I'd like to see a little more faith in our guys across the board though, give somebody a shot at it.

+++

4th drive, you end up in 2nd and 16 due to an illegal block on Allison. Come out with a super uninspired and predictable slants play that goes for the exact same 3 yards it always goes for. 3rd and 13 isn't one you like to be calling for, but the playcall was alright. Rodgers literally never took his eyes off of Adams and brought the safety right down to him. He was lucky it only got tipped for as small as this window was and for as hard as he was eyeballing it. 

+++

5th drive, this was actually a pretty nice drive that Rodgers derailed on 2nd down (after a few sequences) when he decided he didn't want to take a wide open Lewis for a gain of 13 and instead decided he wanted to throw a deep ball to Davante out of bounds. I actually like the call on 3rd and 8 that got it to 4th and 1 on the Davante blitz beater. You need to be aggressive and that set you up for a 4th and 1. And then on that 4th and 1, we decided to run Jones out of the shotgun into the gap occupied by their single gapping NT who Linsley hadn't been able to move all night, and didn't on this play. Just a bad decision. Shouldn't have been Jones and should have been Williams, and should have been literally any other gap on the line. We would have been better off with the Lewis v Bosa 1v1 matchup than this. 

+++

6th drive, how is Aaron Rodgers this bad at reading the RPO? It is actually mind boggling at this point how he hasn't stumbled into getting one of these right. Like he's got a 50/50 chance. So 1st down is shot. 2nd and 10, you bet your *** we're running up the middle to get to 3rd and long. Then Rodgers is too much of a chicken to pull the trigger on a Davante slant that's wide open if it means he (Rodgers) gets hit. I'm getting ready to bump my "Is Rodgers a good presnap QB. 

+++

7th drive, 2nd and 6, Rodgers has Lewis wide open for a first down. Instead decides to go to an open-ish Davante going deep down the sideline and misses him by 3 yards. 3rd and 6, Rodgers predetermines that he's throwing the outside slant to Aaron Jones, realizes at the last second that Jones is completely covered and ends up pulling it to the left out of bounds so that neither jones nor the defender has a shot. Geronimo Allison in man to man on a LB on the other side of the formation never even gets a look.

+++

8th drive, 2nd and 8 (really loving this thing where we run on every 1st down and get minimal yardage so we can get behind the sticks every sequence). Rodgers stares down Davante on a 10 yard out route and throws it outside and low (Drink) rather than even looking at the wide open Allison on the other side of the formation. 3rd and 8 with 40 seconds left in the half, we leave Alex Light on an island against Nick Bosa in their pressure look who promptly murders him for a sack.

+++

9th drive, This was the TD drive. Big fan of the 4th and 4 call to go for it at midfield.

+++

10th drive, should have surrendered at 30-8, not gonna bother with the rest of these. To make a long story short. There was bad playcalling galore in addition to Rodgers being a genuine scrub out here. 

I gave this post a like even though everything about it made me sad. God I hope he figures something out because I'm so tired of watching this story play out.

19 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Think this tread is ridiculous.  New coaching staff and we are 8-3.  Way ahead of expectations and you guys are calling for heads?  Give them time to figure things out Rome wasn't built in a day.  For God's sakes.  Special teams does totally suck but I blame that in part on Gute for trading away Davis.  We don't have a returner.  Come playoffs we can use Alexander that's what I would do.  Give the new staff some time before calling for heads.  A little over the top if you ask me.

And guys got huffy in another thread here when we suggested that some of them are spoiled.  You don't clean house after hiring all these new coaches and the team goes 8-3.  I find it incredible that some of you gentlemen expected us to win the freaking SB with a new HC and offensive philosophy this year.

9 minutes ago, Pugger said:

And guys got huffy in another thread here when we suggested that some of them are spoiled.  You don't clean house after hiring all these new coaches and the team goes 8-3.  I find it incredible that some of you gentlemen expected us to win the freaking SB with a new HC and offensive philosophy this year.

expectations changed at 8-1. thats on us. 

2 hours ago, gopackgo247 said:

expectations changed at 8-1. thats on us. 

Not really. Our defense got us halfway there and Aaron Jones was producing. I'm with @AlexGreen#20. I saw run play after run play against a stacked box. Matt LaFleur was channeling his inner Ricky La Fleur and it looked like what Philly was trying to do against the Seahawks. Pa-the-tic...

On the other hand, Tramon has now, in successful weeks, been assigned to Hunter Henry and Deebo Samuel.....dude is NOT going to win that matchup. Why is Tramon in that position, because we have a Dom Capers-esque zone employed week after week. Punch us in the mouth and we roll over. That is more egregious than anything the offense is doing IMHO and it needs to be addressed by finding a more aggressive coordinator.

Edited by Joe

On 11/27/2019 at 1:36 PM, Pugger said:

The record is great, but it doesn't mean there might not be some coaching deficiencies.  The special teams coordinator, Shane Menenga, seems to be in over his head already.  If there is a high quality, proven veteran coach that comes available I'd like to see a move there.  Also, if LaFleur wants his own guy as defensive coordinator he should be able to make that move as well. 

11 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Pretty amazing that one passing comment from Nagler can start this narrative that MLF didn’t want Pettine.

I would have thought Pettine would be appealing to LaFleur, but after watching this defense the past two months I could see a scenario where LaFleur would want to go in a different direction.  The defense has under performed for a while now.