Monday Night Ravens @ Rams

rocky_rams

Who wins?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Ravens
    • Rams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/27/2019 at 02:30 AM

1 minute ago, DerbyRam said:

We need to make sure we have the money for it. We have arguably the worst OL in the entire history of the NFL. 

Well just Goff gets paid like 36 mill just for next year lol. Gurleys new contract also kicks in. I dont think theres much money left to give after we re-sign ramsey. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

We need to make sure we have the money for it. We have arguably the worst OL in the entire history of the NFL. 

1 hour ago, bertuzzi said:

Well just Goff gets paid like 36 mill just for next year lol. Gurleys new contract also kicks in. I dont think theres much money left to give after we re-sign ramsey. 

Rams actually have a decent amount of space. Factoring in Ramsey’s $13M, they’re sitting at $25M. Cutting Clay Mathews, Eric Weddle, Troy Hill, and NRC would give them around $40M, which isn’t too shabby. Some of that probably goes to Kupp, I imagine. 

Even with their lack of high picks, LAR would be fine if they spent a little smarter in FA - like Elway did and Philly does. Bring in some mid-tier guys with upside (like Robert Woods). 

Side note: why the hell did they pay Tyler Higbee?

5 hours ago, Starless said:

Can we start coming to terms with the fact that McVay is as big a part of the problem right now as Goff?

I've been saying since week 8 of the 2018 season that mcvay is overrated. Jrry and I have had several discussions about it. 

He's had an elite elite OL since he was hired in LA. Having an elite OL covers up so much. You can call the wrong play against the wrong defense and have it work if your guys just straight up beat their man. Now that his ol is crap nothing he is doing is working and he doesn't have any adjustments to make 

The truth is that mcvay hasn't been around the block enough times. He's only been calling plays for 5 years including this one. Kyle Shanahan, in contrast, has been calling plays in the NFL for 11 years. Sean is a smart guy and he very well may adjust, but right now he needs to scrape what he is doing and go to a spread style quick passing game. The problem with that is goffs slow release, but you gotta work around that. 

The thing is though, their business model is not sustainable. Trading all your picks and signing guys to top 5 contracts at their position is just not feasible. You can do one or the other, but not both, especially if those guys don't preform well. 

I am so happy they signed gurley Goff cooks when they did. None of those guys would sniff anywhere close to that much money on the open market if they were FAs this off-season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

We traded for Ramsey for the foreseeable future. You traded to rent Peters. Good luck deciding whether or not to pay the guy. I wouldn't. I'm glad we got something for him. I'm also glad he's no longer on the team. 

You're nuts if you think they're not re-signing Ramsey. And you're also nuts to say the trade looks bad because of one terrible game that wasn't all that surprising.

Yes, because of these two teams, the Ravens are definitely the one who need luck wished their way when it comes to their upcoming financial situation.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

so how many QBs have won Heisman and NFL MVP?

The answer is 2 so if Jackson wins MVP he is already rarified air and considering he did it at Lou probably more impressive than Cam and Staubach

What year did Staubach win MVP? He was super bowl MVP in 1971 (game played 1972), but I don’t think he was ever league MVP.

I will say that I’m not sure Lamar winning the heisman at Louisville is necessarily more impressive than winning it at Navy (more modern era), then being a pro bowl/SB winning QB after taking a break from football to serve in Vietnam. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

What year did Staubach win MVP? He was super bowl MVP in 1971 (game played 1972), but I don’t think he was ever league MVP.

I will say that I’m not sure Lamar winning the heisman at Louisville is necessarily more impressive than winning it at Navy (more modern era), then being a pro bowl/SB winning QB after taking a break from football to serve in Vietnam. 

so Cam is the only QB to win MVP and Heisman?