Lamar Jackson

Slingin' Sammy

11 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

It's never okay for the QB to pout like he was in that game. Goff last year against NO had no run game and Gurley drop several balls. One of which was picked. Mahomes was given no help early on either. It was obvious early on in the year that Jackson loses his cool way too easily. If he doesn't fix his demeanor he will struggle to dig his team out of holes in the future.

He wasn't pouting. He was struggling and pressing too hard, if anything.

Pouting is what the Browns players did every Sunday when we were down.  As much as I'd love to throw crap at the Ravens, Lamar wasn't pouting.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Outside of the Chiefs and Houston just about every other team should be envious of the Ravens QB situation going forward. Still bummed the Saints went with Marcus Davenport instead of Lamar Jackson. Thought for sure when we traded 2 first round picks to move up in that draft we were going to grab him.

Envious? Of a Quarterback we’d have to build a singular system around, who’s style is exposed to injury? Meh. Good player, better than given credit for during the process leading up to the draft but I need a guy who can win from the pocket. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

It's never okay for the QB to pout like he was in that game. Goff last year against NO had no run game and Gurley drop several balls. One of which was picked. Mahomes was given no help early on either. It was obvious early on in the year that Jackson loses his cool way too easily. If he doesn't fix his demeanor he will struggle to dig his team out of holes in the future.

Pouting? lol he was frustrated - as he should've been. It's okay to show emotion and not be a robot. It's literally what made him so likeable with the team this year. I saw nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

He wasn't pouting. He was struggling and pressing too hard, if anything.

Pouting is what the Browns players did every Sunday when we were down.  As much as I'd love to throw crap at the Ravens, Lamar wasn't pouting.

I didn't see it that way. He looked defeated when it was a 2 score game. My wife thought the same thing before I said it. 

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Pouting? lol he was frustrated - as he should've been. It's okay to show emotion and not be a robot. It's literally what made him so likeable with the team this year. I saw nothing wrong with that.

By your own admission he was pressing too hard. Presumably due said frustration. It was a major problem. There's a reason QBs like Russ always can dig out of holes and it's because they don't get too down during games. 

I don't know if 'pouting' is the right word for it but I agree that his demeanor wasn't ideal. He needs to understand he's a leader and has to be the guy getting everyone else settled down, not getting bogged down and frustrated himself. Some of that just comes from experience and it's a teachable moment for him that I expect him to learn from. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I don't know if 'pouting' is the right word for it but I agree that his demeanor wasn't ideal. He needs to understand he's a leader and has to be the guy getting everyone else settled down, not getting bogged down and frustrated himself. Some of that just comes from experience and it's a teachable moment for him that I expect him to learn from. 

I would have liked to see him keep a cool head and start rallying the troops for a comeback like Mahomes did yesterday. Part of being a great leader is maintaining your composure in situations like that. Lamar just kind of sat there and looked lost.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I would have liked to see him keep a cool head and start rallying the troops for a comeback like Mahomes did yesterday. Part of being a great leader is maintaining your composure in situations like that. Lamar just kind of sat there and looked lost.

Yeah but that’s hard to do. At the end of the day he is only 23. Barely Started playing QB 2 years ago so it’s going to take time.. The best teacher is experience. 

2 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

At the end of the day he is only 23. Barely Started playing QB 2 years ago so it’s going to take time..

Fair enough. 

1 minute ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

The best teacher is experience. 

Eh, I don't know about that. From what I've seen leadership qualities usually come naturally, especially vocally. Guys either have it or they don't. 

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Fair enough. 

Eh, I don't know about that. From what I've seen leadership qualities usually come naturally, especially vocally. Guys either have it or they don't. 

Yeah for sure. They come in mature and wise beyond their age. But I’ll never fault a young guy for for being young. Everyone learns at a different pace. Even Jamie’s has gotten better at that. 

27 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Lamar showed all year he's a leader. He had a bad game. It is what it is. Nothing went right and everyone, including the coaches, panicked and went away from what made this team great.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Envious? Of a Quarterback we’d have to build a singular system around, who’s style is exposed to injury? Meh. Good player, better than given credit for during the process leading up to the draft but I need a guy who can win from the pocket. 

That's cool, I'll gladly take the league MVP.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar showed all year he's a leader. He had a bad game. It is what it is. Nothing went right and everyone, including the coaches, panicked and went away from what made this team great.

It's also much easier to be a leader when everything is going right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah it wasn't just Lamar. He was frustrated, he was upset, and yes it affected his play. Unfortunately the Ravens are not built to come from behind. 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Loving these false narratives projected onto Lamar on here. Some of the best QB's ever certainly haven't lost their cool/pouted at times in their career...

tenor.gif

giphy.gif