Black Widow 🕷 (Marvel 07-09-21) Theatres and Di$ney+

thrILL!

5 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Whole Marvel timeline got pushed back one slot basically. I don't think that they've officially announced anything for the shows yet, but I'd suspect we'll see a slightly delay in all of them.

WandaVision and Falcon/Winter Soldier wrapped filming, so they have a shot of being on time. Loki was only scheduled to start in Dec/Jan so that will most definitely get delayed.

29 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

WandaVision and Falcon/Winter Soldier wrapped filming, so they have a shot of being on time. Loki was only scheduled to start in Dec/Jan so that will most definitely get delayed.

I think a delay would be more due to how much they are intertwined into the bigger story. 

We know Falcon/Winter Soldier had reshoots going on, so they would need to finish that up, but that one seems to be the least connected of all of them. Although the thought of what Thaddeus Ross is really doing in Black Widow, and potentially having that show up in Falcon/Winter Soldier, we may not get that series till thanksgiving or Christmas after people can see Black Widow.

WandaVision seems like the most immediately connected to the bigger Phase 4 plans, so I would be shocked if that werent delayed, even if the whole series is already in the can. It was originally slated for "December" with no confirmed date, so it would seem that it may of had some lead in from Eternals. Even if it was just a post credit scene, I would think they want that series released closer to the first film it connects to, is that Shang-Chi? Or Multiverse of Madness? But I doubt they release it right next to F/WS.

I bet we get Falcon/Winter Soldier at Thanksgiving this year, WandaVision in that Spring Break time frame of 2021, and then Loki around Christmas of 2021 leading into Love & Thunder to start of 2022 for them

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I liked it. The first two acts were great, the third act had cool action but felt really convenient and some really silly/empty moments. Still a good movie.

The montage at the beginning was one of the coolest MCU scenes ever imo.

Edited by Bullet Club

Solid movie overall. I’d give it a solid B.  Nice little bow to Natasha’s arc. Big fan of Pugh’s character too.

End credit scene was really good and love the potential. 

Edited by WizardHawk

I liked the movie quite well. Very low to no expectations and it was a fun time to be back in theaters. Thought for sure that Natasha's arc was good, gives a bit more weight to some things that have been said before. Pugh is awesome, I want to see more Red Guardian.

End credit scene is cool, going to play in the Hawkeye show coming up this fall, which is fun. I like the direction with the end credit scene and Falcon/WS tie-in.

Yeah, this was a nice solid movie. Enjoyed it far more than I expected. 

Spoiler

I will say I hate, hate, hate how Taskmaster was handled in this movie. Feels like a blown opportunity and wasted potential for the character. Biggest gripe for me.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Yeah, this was a nice solid movie. Enjoyed it far more than I expected. 

Hide contents

I will say I hate, hate, hate how Taskmaster was handled in this movie. Feels like a blown opportunity and wasted potential for the character. Biggest gripe for me.

Made sense for the story

Spoiler

My hope is that this is just the beginning of the character and we see them come back in a more true form. Like it can easily be explained that what her father did was corroding her brain further and further past what they could save and now she just have this need to fight and add more input towards fighting. 

So we get to the point where Taskmaster is just picking fights with heroes randomly like in the comics and becomes that mercenary sort of character. Especially with Disney plus they are bringing a lot of people back, Taskmaster would be such an easy one because in a lot of shows/films it can be an easy action sequence to drop in.

• Like 1