Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What the heck? I thought he was going to be one of their starters opposite of Reed? Did he have a poor preseason or something? Michael Dugar-Smith was saying he was the team's best corner by far in the early going of camp.

Interesting, but who is the Steelers starter opposite Haden? 

No idea. No one is talking about this right now, so I'm not sure if it's fake? Schefter hasn't reported it yet.

My guess is they're swapping Spoon for Haden, but who knows.

**UPDATE**

Looks like they just straight up offloaded him. 

Edited by NinerNation21

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

No idea. No one is talking about this right now, so I'm not sure if it's fake? Schefter hasn't reported it yet.

My guess is they're swapping Spoon for Haden, but who knows.

Nah, it's real. Plenty tweeted about it including the Steelers. 

In the preseason his coverage stats looks fine. He did allow a 35 yard reception to Jeudy but overall he allowed 53 yards on 3 catches (8 targets). So he must have really fell off in practice after his strong start or someone else emerged. 

His 4M salary is more than guys like Flowers and Reed so that could have been a factor I guess. 

Witherspoon began the offseason as the starting left cornerback, which goes to the team’s top coverage man in Seattle’s scheme. Midway through training camp, Witherspoon shared his first-team reps with Damarious Randall and fourth-round rookie Tre Brown.

Witherspoon performed well in training camp. At the very least he wasn’t guilty of many notable mistakes that would have suggested he needed to be benched. The preseason games were much of the same. He wasn’t targeted much — just eight times in three games, according to Pro Football Focus — and allowed three catches for 53 yards, 35 of which came against Denver receiver Jerry Jeudy on a fourth-down play in Week 2.

Seattle knows a month’s worth of practice and games allows for a better assessment. With that in mind, Witherspoon being shipped out is puzzling, especially when considering the rest of their cornerbacks either have issues with injury history or consistency.

https://theathletic.com/news/steelers-acquiring-cb-ahkello-witherspoon-from-seahawks/BDzAYGpwmX3P?redirected=1

Yeah, like there has to be more to this than just his play. They may be in a tough spot cap space wise and wanted to just move off of him for a cheaper option. Maybe they felt there wasn't too much of a difference between him and Flowers/Reed. But Michael Shawn-Dugar seems surprised of the move. 

7 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

The Seahawks signed Desmond Trufant to replace Spoon. I didn't like their secondary before and I still don't now. If they don't get pressure on the QB, they could have another bad defense this year.

I haven't read that but they did trade for Sidney Jones and they have a rookie that they like. 

Anyways, curious to see if Sherman will get picked up at some point during the season or if his career is truly over. Definitely think he can still play some. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I haven't read that but they did trade for Sidney Jones and they have a rookie that they like. 

Anyways, curious to see if Sherman will get picked up at some point during the season or if his career is truly over. Definitely think he can still play some. 

I was wrong. Trufant has not signed with the Seahawks. I misread a tweet saying they like him for the Seahawks.