Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I was going to ask @Forge how much money we can save if we cut Jimmy, and the answer is $15 million.

Sooooo, do we pull the trigger on that?? And then be able to sign Gilmore?? But are we truly in win now mode with a move like that?? 

You don't save any money by cutting Jimmy. His salary is fully guaranteed the rest of hte year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

You don't save any money by cutting Jimmy. His salary is fully guaranteed the rest of hte year. 

Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo is scheduled to make $24.9 million in non-guaranteed salary and bonuses over this entire season. The 49ers could immediately create more than $15 million in cap space if they were to release Garoppolo at this stage in the season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-must-determine-if-stephon-gilmore-pursuit-makes-sense

So what is Maiocco referring to here? 

34 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why not? We can still fit him inside our cap, right? If it is for one year, I don't see a huge problem with that. 

We have about 4.5 million in space right now. Less effective cap space because you need to have flexibility to move guys around and account for injuries. 

At 15 million for 1 year, his prorated cap hit this year would be about 11 (assuming he could play immediately). We'd have to restructure someone or add void years to lower the first year cap hit. 

Just now, Forge said:

He's wrong. 

Jimmy's salary guaranteed by being a 4 year vested vet on week 1. It's built into the CBA and applies to any and all players with 4 vested years. 

That's what I figured but when he put that in his article, I was a bit confused. 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is so laughably wrong that Matt has lost the last bit of credibility he has after the McCorkle debacle 

37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He may be washed at this point lol

100% washed

Here is the thing about gilmore - he is owed 7m and wanted a raise. We dont have the cap space for him unfortunately. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, N4L said:

This is so laughably wrong that Matt has lost the last bit of credibility he has after the McCorkle debacle 

100% washed

Here is the thing about gilmore - he is owed 7m and wanted a raise. We dont have the cap space for him unfortunately. 

That’s the unfortunate truth about all this too. He’s also coming off an injury, so of course it’s wishful thinking, but you’re right. 

Lynch however still needs to look over who we possibly could trade for. I know some of the beat writers are throwing out Dantzler from Minn as a possible trade. I don’t know if it’s something we should possibly pursue or hold fast. The team just needs to make up their mind, is this a “championship” run or a “re-build” you can’t have both. I think that’s been the problem lately. 

29 minutes ago, N4L said:

100% washed

I'm pretty sure we can still work it out but it's a moot point since he apparently wants to go to GB.

Matt has just been sooo bad and I think a lot of the old school beat writers are getting exposed since they don't know the ins and outs of the game like the new school bloggers/writers. Now, guys like Cohn troll a lot, but there's so many others now that are able to get access and are just much better in breaking down film. Maiocco is still good at getting inside information on what is going on with certain players like he called Aiyuk being in the doghouse before anyone else but overall does not bring much to the table anymore. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

After trading for Henderson last week...Love it for Carolina! Once Horn returns, look out! 

Fields named the starter going forward...Lance will have his shot for that after Sunday. 

Any chance they trade Donte Jackson or bouye? Idk if Bouye has any value at this point. But they have a ton of corners. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

After trading for Henderson last week...Love it for Carolina! Once Horn returns, look out! 

Fields named the starter going forward...Lance will have his shot for that after Sunday. 

Gotta hand it to carolina, they have some cajones

Good for the bears. There was no reason to play Dalton... just like there is little/no reason to play JG