Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

Can't believe how bad its gotten in JAX. I figured Meyer wouldn't work out but i thought it would be like most coaches, have 2-3 mediocre/bad seasons and get let go. 

Shad Khan's statement seems like he wants Meyer to resign so he doesn't have to pay him any more. I expect more leaks/statements etc to come out as the season progresses to force Meyer to resign.

I feel bad for Jags fans. They had tons of cap space, picks and Lawrence and chose to hire Meyer/Baalke. If i'm the Jags, i hire Adam Peters/Mike McDaniel in January as my new GM/HC

Edited by 49ersfan

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Can't believe how bad its gotten in JAX. I figured Meyer wouldn't work out but i thought it would be like most coaches, have 2-3 mediocre/bad seasons and get let go. 

Shad Khan's statement seems like he wants Meyer to resign so he doesn't have to pay him any more. I expect more leaks/statements etc to come out as the season progresses to force Meyer to resign.

I feel bad for Jags fans. They had tons of cap space, picks and Lawrence and chose to hire Meyer/Baalke. If i'm the Jags, i hire Adam Peters/Mike McDaniel in January as my new GM/HC

If I was the Jags I would have hired Saleh. The Jets aren't exactly world beaters, but I have far more confidence then I ever had in Meyer. I assumed this would be another Saban type situation in Miami, but at least Saban was somewhat successful. 

20 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yup and Josh Allen too. Guys were being pegged as sure fire disappointments. That position is so hard to scout and coach. 

Two things I notice with these two : arm talent cannot be underrated. And football players who are passionate about the game and work hard usually pan out. Which bodes well for our guy Trey. He has a long way to go, but I will always believe our staff drafted Trey for who he is, not for what he has done on the field so far. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Two things I notice with these two : arm talent cannot be underrated. And football players who are passionate about the game and work hard usually pan out. Which bodes well for our guy Trey. He has a long way to go, but I will always believe our staff drafted Trey for who he is, not for what he has done on the field so far. 

Speaking of arm talent, some of the throws Wilson made against the Titans were astonishing. 

On 10/5/2021 at 4:18 AM, 49ersfan said:

I thought Harbaugh & Fangio were friends? Fangio worked with Harbaugh on the Ravens staff in 08 & 09, and also worked with Jim from 2010-2014 seasons with Stanford & the 49ers. Thats 7 seasons with both Harbaugh brothers combined. Surprised he would take his frustration public, but after losing the game, maybe giving up the record was a final straw for him

Well that was then, and this is now :)

45 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Anyone seeing that the Cowboys are releasing Jaylon Smith?  If you told me that this would be happening two years ago I would have called BS. Thought he would be a mainstay there for a while.

He's been sucky since he signed his extension. Still strange, though. 

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pats cutting Gilmore. I'd guess he ends up on the bucs or maybe Chiefs

That’s a good guess, but Lynch needs to go ahead and throw money at him. He knows our biggest issue on defense is corner and now one of the top 5 is finally on the market. I’m getting tired of being one of the top teams in consideration of getting someone and not being able to finish. 

Considering how much Belichick respects Shanahan, I think he definitely made the call to the team. 

At this point you could probably re-work his deal and get him for like a 6th rounder. Pats may be able to get a deal for him before they have to release him.