Week 14 GDT

ET80

I’m not going to say NE lost because of the referees, the Patriots had opportunities to make plays (and failed) and there were definitely bad calls in both directions. The last few possessions of reffing seemed to kill any momentum NE could’ve mustered, but the offense was also dreadful in the first half. Chiefs played better for 3 quarters, so even with the bad officiating, they got what they earned.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tex said:

Karma usually comes back to get the team that cheats. Kansas City will probably get it back in the divisional round in Foxboro. If I was a Pats fan, I would want that game more than tonight obviously.

So I take it you get all of your information from ESPN?

We all know Myles Jack was not down in the AFCCG and he should have scored.

In that case he was laying down on the ground next to a Patriot and it took a certain angle to see that he was not touched.

It was bad luck for the Jags but it was not horrible officiating.

The rule now is to let it play out without a whistle and these clowns broke the rule.

They also called a TD not a TD when they can call it a TD and then it gets an automatic review.

The refs hosed the Patriots today and any whataboutists are clueless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

We all know Myles Jack was not down in the AFCCG and he should have scored.

In that case he was laying down on the ground next to a Patriot and it took a certain angle to see that he was not touched.

It was bad luck for the Jags but it was not horrible officiating.

The rule now is to let it play out without a whistle and these clowns broke the rule.

They also called a TD not a TD when they can call it a TD and then it gets an automatic review.

The refs hosed the Patriots today and any whataboutists are clueless.

When you have an out of bounds play like that, you're better off calling a TD if you're not sure and then reviewing it since it's an auto renew. How some officials still don't understand this rule in 2019 is still beyond me. Same with the fumble play but that's at least somewhat of a judgement call.

• Like 2

Odd how no one brings up Karma when talking New Orleans.

Last time I checked they cheated so bad that their coach was suspended for a whole year.

Wait, you mean that bogus penalty should not count but the other bogus penalties should?

If some are pretending that Goodell is sometimes legit then the real Karma is the Patriots making everyone who believes in Deflategate shed lots and lots of salty tears over the years.

9636f4f0d11c5792b385c36a0356c5d0_md.jpg

11 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’m not going to say NE lost because of the referees, the Patriots had opportunities to make plays (and failed) and there were definitely bad calls in both directions. The last few possessions of reffing seemed to kill any momentum NE could’ve mustered, but the offense was also dreadful in the first half. Chiefs played better for 3 quarters, so even with the bad officiating, they got what they earned.

Gtfoh with this rational, level-headed post. 

We trying to overreact here. 

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I'd actually contend part of the reason they're 5-8 is because of Lynn.  When a team consistently doesn't perform like they should until the "pressure is off" because they're out of playoff contention, that's 100% on coaching for not having the team prepared and prepared to perform the way they should when it counts.

Lynn's a good guy, don't get me wrong.  But he's nothing special as a coach.

To be fair this is his first season where this has happened.