Week 14 GDT

ET80

If we want to say the Patriots got hosed on some big calls and it heavily contributed to the loss, I'm fine with that.

If we want to say that you can never blame the refs, and that if you don't want to leave it up to some toss-up calls from notoriously iffy refs, you should play better to put the game away, I'm fine with that.

But please, just PLEASE send me the memo to clarify what FF decides, because currently certain teams get the benefit of this treatment while others don't.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vladimir L said:

The Patriots always get these calls refball usually goes well for them

SOL this time

Sucks for the rest of us, the refs will make up all of those calls in the divisional round rematch. It would've been nicer to see it the other way around for them to make it up for KC later on. We're all gonna be SOL in January.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’m not going to say NE lost because of the referees, the Patriots had opportunities to make plays (and failed) and there were definitely bad calls in both directions. The last few possessions of reffing seemed to kill any momentum NE could’ve mustered, but the offense was also dreadful in the first half. Chiefs played better for 3 quarters, so even with the bad officiating, they got what they earned.

They didn’t get what they earned. They made key mistakes and were not punished for them, because of the refs. I get you want to be a good sport, and I’m not traditionally “blame the refs” guy either, but the Chiefs played straight up bad football for most of the second half, and we’re not punished because the refs kept covering for them.

The Patriots had 2 certain TDs taken off them, and were denied a first and goal at the five by the worst DPI non-call since the Saints last year.

That’s just what happened, it’s not bad sportsmanship to complain right now, it’s bad for the NFL that fans have been gaslighted into thinking officiating incompetence is just par for the course.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

they just need to call ab

Ew shoot me. God's honest truth, if I was a Pats fan and the choice was between winning a Super Bowl with AB or not winning it, I still wouldn't want him back.

And I'd say the same thing if the same bargain was on the table for the Packers. I dunno if it's because I'm getting older and I realize that blind fandom in sports just isn't THAT important, but I'd rather lose and maintain my values and dignity than win with a massive turd. I don't need a roster full of boy scouts, but there's a line.

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Thats the thing though. All Chargers losses have been by 1 score, with them having a chance to win or tie on their last possession. Which makes 2019 that much more frustrating.

I remember similar things happening under McCoy during his last two years. Not saying Lynn is McCoy yet but these ongoing mistakes are worrying.

Edited by Xenos

27 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

They didn’t get what they earned. They made key mistakes and were not punished for them, because of the refs. I get you want to be a good sport, and I’m not traditionally “blame the refs” guy either, but the Chiefs played straight up bad football for most of the second half, and we’re not punished because the refs kept covering for them.

The Patriots had 2 certain TDs taken off them, and were denied a first and goal at the five by the worst DPI non-call since the Saints last year.

That’s just what happened, it’s not bad sportsmanship to complain right now, it’s bad for the NFL that fans have been gaslighted into thinking officiating incompetence is just par for the course.

NE played straight up bad (offensively) for most of the game. The defense couldn’t stop jack after the first interception into the second half. KC played better in totality. 

NE had first and goal and walked away with a field goal. They had another first and goal to tie, and again failed. The Pats got jobbed on those calls but they didn’t seal the game. There were plenty of squandered opportunities. 

And this is ignoring some of the no-calls/bad calls in favor of NE. The crew was atrocious all around. If the game is called 100% perfectly, the 4th quarter looks completely different. 

It’s fine to call the refs out for being trash because they were. It’s a stretch to say they were the reason NE lost.

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

There was the Harry one, what was the second?

Probably means the fumble recovery. Which doesn’t totally make sense because I’m not 100% certain he takes that to the house and also the Harry TD doesn’t happen/take place if Gilmore does take it for 6. So it’s 2 bad calls, but 4 points total (which is still huge, since they were down 7 in the waning seconds of the game on the goal line).

• Like 3