Tom Brady is Not the Problem

BayRaider

The Patriots line isn't the greatest, but it's not among the worst either. The WR/TEs are definitely in the lower tier of the league. Brady isn't the biggest problem, but he's far from a top 3 QB in this league anymore. He's not even top 10. The likes of Wilson, Mahomes and Jackson are so far ahead of him at the moment. 

• Like 3

I think I would lean more on the Pats need to change their offense for the new WRs.  There is no way they have worst WR than the Steelers at this point.  The Pats WR might be bad from a NE standpoint but I do not see them roll out a rookie, 2nd year WR, and 2 practice squad guys in games.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Is he finally starting to drop off?

Yes.

Is he even close to their main problem?

Not even close.

He's definitely still good enough to be a starting QB. Even good enough to win another Super Bowl. He's playing better than the stats indicate right now. But he can't do it by himself anymore.

Has he ever really done it by himself?  Has any QB, ever?  Tom has a limited WR corps and his line is not very good.  Playing behind a turnstile OL and not being the most nimble QB in the league is a big reason for their offensive woes IMO.

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

Has he ever really done it by himself?  Has any QB, ever?  Tom has a limited WR corps and his line is not very good.  Playing behind a turnstile OL and not being the most nimble QB in the league is a big reason for their offensive woes IMO.

Not literally, no.

However, Quarterbacks, more than any other position in the game, can mask issues at other positions. That isn't to say Tom Brady could take a team of peewees to the Super Bowl. But he's certainly masked mediocre talent surrounding him during his career. Other than Randy Moss and Rob Gronkowski, I don't believe he's ever had any elite receivers and the OL  has been up and down in his time there. Despite this, he managed to remain productive at a consistent level.

Tom is currently more talented than his box scores would dictate, but his statistical struggles are not without his own fault.

He isn't as good as he used to be. I'm not debating that. He is still talented to be an upper echelon Qb thanks to some of his, still elite talents.

His work ethic has deteriorated. In years past when he hasnt had the best weapons around them he would work with those players in the off season and preseason to make sure everyone was game ready. Edleman doesnt becomes Edleman without Bradys tireless work ethic. The past two years, he has simply refused to put in that level of work and that has impact his play and the play of the people around him.

Hes a goat, and he is still a great qb, but he is not the qb of 3 or 4 years ago.

• Like 1