Xbox Series X

showtime

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Sounds like the Game Pass is for real gamers. Im not such. 540 for the Ultimate for 3 years, 360 for standard. And cant use the Live service to play others with standard?

And if I just want Live or Gold Live. Thats 360 for 3 years when for PS its 90 bucks or so with coupons.

Ive had my own PS separate from the kids for 3 years. Ive probably played a dozen games. And only ever played Fortnite online. That being only a handful of times.

Might need to just stick with PS.

If you have multiple systems, it's easy to not pay multiple times for stuff. You just make their System the home console for your profile and they get access to everything you own/ pay for.
This works for game purchases, gold and I'm pretty sure Gamepass. And they could in turn make your system their "home console" and you get everything they might buy.

https://www.wikihow.com/Share-an-Xbox-Game-Pass-with-Your-Family

The nice thing I've heard people use Gamepass for is it's less a month so parents will be more ok to play it. ($60 for one game vs $10-$15 for 150-200 games)
Lets you try different games out. The Gamers with handicaps community uses it for this two because not all games are built with them in mind, so they don't shell out full price and hate / can't play the game.

It sounds like it'd be up your kids' alley maybe, with you getting to have it for Halo and Bethesda games like you said. If you are paying full price for Gamepass you can also cancel it and just have the Normal console experience and just get it when stuff is coming out. 

24 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Whats the Microsoft Store like? Do they have a huge selection of games on sale a month like PS? Thats how I got most of mine. Just Cause 3 for 3 bucks, JC4 for8. AC games for 10. Far Cry New Dawn and FC4 for $5 each. If I can buy games that way and just get the XBox Live. I can work with that.

Yeah they have tons of sales. Developer/Publisher sales, Genre sales, Add-on sales. Weekly deals with Gold and Gamepass has discounts on all the games within it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

If you have multiple systems, it's easy to not pay multiple times for stuff. You just make their System the home console for your profile and they get access to everything you own/ pay for.
This works for game purchases, gold and I'm pretty sure Gamepass. And they could in turn make your system their "home console" and you get everything they might buy.

https://www.wikihow.com/Share-an-Xbox-Game-Pass-with-Your-Family

The nice thing I've heard people use Gamepass for is it's less a month so parents will be more ok to play it. ($60 for one game vs $10-$15 for 150-200 games)
Lets you try different games out. The Gamers with handicaps community uses it for this two because not all games are built with them in mind, so they don't shell out full price and hate / can't play the game.

It sounds like it'd be up your kids' alley maybe, with you getting to have it for Halo and Bethesda games like you said. If you are paying full price for Gamepass you can also cancel it and just have the Normal console experience and just get it when stuff is coming out. 

Yeah they have tons of sales. Developer/Publisher sales, Genre sales, Add-on sales. Weekly deals with Gold and Gamepass has discounts on all the games within it.

The kids will love it. They split all cost. 5 a month between them is a golden deal. But thats in their area.

I have my own sanctuary where I play. Im a very casual gamer. Yall making me feel like an old grandpa asking his grandkid how to work a IPhone on here. lol  Thats why I need as casual gamer friendly as possible.

But guess so long as the store is legit then it could be the way for me to go. Though I do wish they had some VR stuff in the works. And dont know with all the progress thats been made why it hasnt for them.

And thanks to all you guys for the assistance.

Edited by PARROTHEAD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

The kids will love it. They split all cost. 5 a month between them is a golden deal. But thats in their area.

I have my own sanctuary where I play. Im a very casual gamer. Yall making me feel like an old grandpa asking his grandkid how to work a IPhone on here. lol  Thats why I need as casual gamer friendly as possible.

But guess so long as the store is legit then it could be the way for me to go. Though I do wish they had some VR stuff in the works. And dont know with all the progress thats been made why it hasnt for them.

And thanks to all you guys for the assistance.

No problem, I think everyone comes at gaming a little different so not weird to have to learn some of this stuff. It's a lot different than anything that's come before.
Like I think you are probably way more in the majority than me that will own all of the systems and make it like my main hobby ha.

I think having Bethesda in house now could lead to more VR efforts. Todd Howard has pushed the idea of VR a lot before.
And there was a tweet today from John Carmack opening the door about working with his old IPs. He was the more notable people at ID back in the day when they created the FPS genre basically with Doom, Quake, etc, he left on bad terms with Zenimax to go head VR initiatives over at Oculus. So maybe they bring him in to help with that.
Phil has always said they were open to it they just wanted to wait for the industry to find itself a little bit and for the tech to get to a more approachable level.
I think with Half Life ALyx it's kinda here, so maybe we hear about it in the coming year...hard to say.
I think Gamepass would be huge for VR experiences.

Also @PARROTHEAD there is this program, that you might not have heard of.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access

A0Iu3qU.png

So you could get one of these plus buy one of the consoles outright and get to the next gen in November for everyone for $325 (+taxes) if you all got Series S, or up to $535 (+taxes) if you wanted to get everyone Series X. Or any mix in between.

And then you all have the consoles and you pay $25 or $35 a month for two years to pay off the console and Xbox Live and Gamepass is covered for everyone. It's Gamepass Ultimate too so you get EA Play, so if anyone plays EA Sports games they will come to the EA Play vault and Gamepass after a couple months...so you don't need to buy the new Madden every year.

I feel like a Microsoft shill ha, but thought it might fit your situation well.

13 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Also @PARROTHEAD there is this program, that you might not have heard of.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access

A0Iu3qU.png

So you could get one of these plus buy one of the consoles outright and get to the next gen in November for everyone for $325 (+taxes) if you all got Series S, or up to $535 (+taxes) if you wanted to get everyone Series X. Or any mix in between.

And then you all have the consoles and you pay $25 or $35 a month for two years to pay off the console and Xbox Live and Gamepass is covered for everyone. It's Gamepass Ultimate too so you get EA Play, so if anyone plays EA Sports games they will come to the EA Play vault and Gamepass after a couple months...so you don't need to buy the new Madden every year.

I feel like a Microsoft shill ha, but thought it might fit your situation well.

The Gamestop I use is giving me 175 for my PS4 1TB. And have 8 disc to trade in for another 70+. Only real reason Im upgrading is so Im not stuck with it later being worthless. Without it being a trade in for one of the new systems. Theyd only give 140.

60 bucks for a XBox S is a pretty sweet deal.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

The Gamestop I use is giving me 175 for my PS4 1TB. And have 8 disc to trade in for another 70+. Only real reason Im upgrading is so Im not stuck with it later being worthless. Without it being a trade in for one of the new systems. Theyd only give 140.

60 bucks for a XBox S is a pretty sweet deal.

also check out Amazon, they do trade ins too, As do some local stores. And they give you cash or Amazon credit (which is essentially cash ha)

41 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Game trade in did better than expected. Landed a 42 dollar Series S preorder. Kids had 2 dozen games to trade, PS Pro and 2 spare controllers. Landing a Series X in the 150 range.

Awesome, I struck out so far. As long as I get it in time for cyberpunk I’ll be golden.

22 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Game trade in did better than expected. Landed a 42 dollar Series S preorder. Kids had 2 dozen games to trade, PS Pro and 2 spare controllers. Landing a Series X in the 150 range.

That's awesome! If you don't care about the Playstation exclusives then I would recommend XBOX this gen, as you decided. If what @Kiltman suggested about setting home consoles or whatever so you can access everything on one account, then it's a no brainer.

How does that work if both xbox's are on at the same time? 

Edited by JBURGE

18 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

That's awesome! If you don't care about the Playstation exclusives then I would recommend XBOX this gen, as you decided. If what @Kiltman suggested about setting home consoles or whatever so you can access everything on one account, then it's a no brainer.

How does that work if both xbox's are on at the same time? 

All accounts on the home X-Box can use live, and you use the main account that has Live attached on the non-Home X-Box.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

All accounts on the home X-Box can use live, and you use the main account that has Live attached on the non-Home X-Box.

Gotcha. So he would set his kids to the Home Xbox and they'd use their account on that, and he would use his account on his xbox and he would have Live. 

11 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Gotcha. So he would set his kids to the Home Xbox and they'd use their account on that, and he would use his account on his xbox and he would have Live. 

believe as long as there is an account on the individual console with a Gold subscription, that has said console as it's Home Xbox, that other accounts on that Xbox can use online functionality. However, if the subscription runs out for that one account, then they all lose online gameplay functionality as a result. 

So basically, you set your Console as your home console, and pay for Xbox Live Gold on your account, and you then have your kids set up individual accounts that piggy back off of yours. If you sit down, then they sit down too. 

On 9/25/2020 at 10:57 AM, Knowledge said:

What a great time to be an Xbox fan. 

They absolutely botched the last gen announcement and have done a complete 180 and nailed this gen announcement 

Very excited on what's to come and possible new games from recent acquisitions 

Except for their insanely stupid console naming causing a lot of people to buy the wrong system, lol.