Xbox Series X

showtime

12 hours ago, Kiltman said:

It's real smooth. Just makes all these older titles way better. Want to go back and see some of the auto-hdr stuff in 360 games...or hell what does KOTOR look and run like?
It's Xbox, just better. Halo getting delayed really hurt the launch.

I need to get it ready to sell yeah. Need to check in at the place by my parents, know they were offering the same as Gamestop but cash.

Fallen Order is dope, next gen at 4k/60 will be sweet for that. I honestly might try to get a new game + run in between Valhalla and Cyberpunk if I have time.

Let me know if you hop on D2. I might give it a go. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

If you haven't dedicated your entire life to solely scouring the internet for preorders for the last few months, you just dont truly want one. 

It's literally a few hours of time. We all knew the consoles were dropping at midnight or later est. There was a bundle on Gamestop's website for an Xbox Series X that was up for over 30 minutes.

I mean... come on....

Even @Kiltman expressed how easy it was for him to get on Target's website, order an Xbox and then pick it up the next day.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's literally a few hours of time. We all knew the consoles were dropping at midnight or later est. There was a bundle on Gamestop's website for an Xbox Series X that was up for over 30 minutes.

I mean... come on....

Even @Kiltman expressed how easy it was for him to get on Target's website, order an Xbox and then pick it up the next day.

I literally can never find any in stock.

I've checked Costco, Walmart, Gamestop, Microsoft, Target, and Amazon all multiple times. Just the other day Walmart released a batch that were all gone within 30 seconds.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

I've checked Costco, Walmart, Gamestop, Microsoft, Target, and Amazon all multiple times. Just the other day Walmart released a batch that were all gone within 30 seconds.

There are many people today who were able to just walk into a Walmart or Target and buy one from the stock in the store. 

45 minutes ago, Danger said:

I gave up after some of the sites lost pre-orders.  I went back to school and am super busy so I wouldn't even have time to play it now.  THis is a weird launch because the last time around, I had no issues getting them both reserved at my local gamestop.  I guess they cut down on the initials runs for them.  

EDIT: Also, I had a big issue with Target with stocking baseball cards this year.  I was particularly disappointed with their Bowman Chrome Megabox.  I would get the alert saying it was available, and I would go and it would be immediately sold out.  I don't have time to sit around and do that since I work without computer access most of the time right now.  It sucks, but it is what it is right now.  I don't want the product enough to pay the markup either.  

17 hours ago, Danger said:

Same, I'm not sure how people are just walking into the store and buying.  I've gone to many stores and they all said that you have to buy online.  Even my local Gamestop said Microsoft (or maybe GS itself) doesn't want to have sales in store due to COVID.  Maybe I'm just getting bad info, but unless you literally have no job or life it seems you have to get lucky.

Part of me wants to get one right now, but part of me knows I'm better off waiting until maybe the spring or summer. Part of me is glad that it seems very unlikely that I could get one right now, otherwise I'd be tempted to purchase one when I should really wait.

Plus, I haven't decided if I'd prefer this or the PS5.

28 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Part of me wants to get one right now, but part of me knows I'm better off waiting until maybe the spring or summer. Part of me is glad that it seems very unlikely that I could get one right now, otherwise I'd be tempted to purchase one when I should really wait.

Plus, I haven't decided if I'd prefer this or the PS5.

I can't decide if I want to upgrade my TV on black friday then get Series X early 2021 or try to get Series X whenever I can and push off the TV upgrade.  It would be irresponsible of me to do both at the moment lol.

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I can't decide if I want to upgrade my TV on black friday then get Series X early 2021 or try to get Series X whenever I can and push off the TV upgrade.  It would be irresponsible of me to do both at the moment lol.

TV first. You can always enjoy the better TV while you wait on the xbox. Plus its the best time to buy one. 

As for the xbox, you really wont get the full experience without a 4k/HDR/nice TV set. So you will kinda be wasting the console. All this is especially true since the next gen gaming line up is limited. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

TV first. You can always enjoy the better TV while you wait on the xbox. Plus its the best time to buy one. 

As for the xbox, you really wont get the full experience without a 4k/HDR/nice TV set. So you will kinda be wasting the console. All this is especially true since the next gen gaming line up is limited. 

I have the same train of thought.  Get the TV on a deal, vs paying premium for both.  As much as holding off on the XBox sucks, it’s only going to get better from the initial release, in terms of games, and bugs being straightened out.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Well if you change your mind, Im willing to buy the Series X from you for what you paid + shipping costs.

I'll keep the X regardless to be my Bluray player when I want maximum picture quality for movies, but eventually I'll have to det a PS5 digital for Demon Souls and God of War. Most of my friends game on Xbox too, so I'll be using it plenty, I'm just envious of Sony's exclusives.

Edited by Jeezla