GDT: Browns @ House of Cards

Mega Ron

12 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

road graders and build a power run team and pass off of that but there may only be 2 teams in the league that do that anymore.

I get what you're saying in that you don't agree that we should be pass first.

Big, road graders old school power running game in the traditional sense is not at all what I'm talking about though when I say run first. There is of course zone run-play action schemes that build off rhythm and get to the edges to allow their one cut runners to get down hill. It's a ball control and tempo dictating offense.

There is also RB diverse scheme game as an extension of the run mixed with power running and possession passing.

Ultimately, it's about catering things to the strengths of your personnel. Few teams have both Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt.

And as to those "2" teams.. 49ers, Seattle, Vikings, Raiders, Ravens, Dallas.. to name a few teams who build the offense off the run first and often achieve balance because run first means the defense has the instinct to come forward first because the run and pass games often look the same.

There's no reason why we can build a play-action run first, diverse RB pass rhythm pace tempo offense allowing our passing game to be explosive. That we're doing a slow, methodical pass first no rhythm or tempo shotgun not under center offense with Chubb and Hunt is madness and if it is the "plan" those planning sh*t are awful. I'd rather think that Freddie is not actually planning it but it just happens in the moment that would at least mean he's not totally incompetent. 

13 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

We are implementing the revolutionary "Pass to Open Up the Run" Strategy.

That's actually a pretty common theme of the old Bill Walsh West Coast offense, isn't it? Short, quick passes to spread the defense horizontally to open up the run game. Not saying we're doing that, but it's not a crazy concept.