I've never seen coaching as bad as the Cowboys

viper952

20 minutes ago, TVScout said:

I did. Several times. In the first paragraph you claim it is a coaching problem. In the following sentence you claim it is poor play. Coaches don't play and payers don't coach. Which is it?

That with the coaching the mediocre play has now turned into piss poor play, with all players across the board. Of the guys who actually got into the probowl I think most only got in on name alone and not high level of performance.

That is a coaching issue if that many players have quit, especially players known for pro-bowl caliber playh. 

Edited by Calvert28

On 12/23/2019 at 3:33 AM, Bolts223 said:

Well then your memory is really short. The Cowboys aren't even the worst coached team this season.

I think the Cowboys have talent but it's insanely overrated IMO. People act like this roster is the 2013 Seahawks or 2007 Patriots.

Garrett needs to go, but the Norv Turner Chargers had more talent and underachieved just like this Cowboys team did.

The cowboys “talent” is the most overrated thing in sports 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Bad coaching is Chargers 2011 to 2016. 40 of 54 losses were 1 score games. That 74% of losses being by 1 score. Id be surprised if any other team was close in that span. Have #1 offense and defense and miss the playoffs? 

Garrett is bad, but not as bad as others have been.

I think that has to do more with the coach on the field than the ones on the bench (Rivers)

5 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

I think that has to do more with the coach on the field than the ones on the bench (Rivers)

No. Because in alot of those games, offense got the Chargers the lead late. It's bad coaching. Playing conservative when you could crush a team that is down, bad time management, bad play selections on offense and defense, lack of attention to detail on key moments. 2019, sure. But 2011 to 2016, almost all coaching.. unless ya consider health an issue as for losing, which i really dont.

6 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

If you had watched the Falcons over the 1st 8 games of the season i might could have shown you worse.  We are right there with or even more talented than some of the top tier teams in the league but were playing worse than some of the bottom teams in the league. 

Are they that talented? I think the Falcons are pretty middle of the road in terms of talent. 7-9/8-8 is right about where they should be if you look at what's on the roster. 1-7 was a major underperformance, but the 5-2 run is clearly overperforming what's on the roster, so they'll likely even out at 7-9. The offense has skill position talent (which you can mostly blame on Koetter's dink and dunk scheme), but take a look at the defense - it's extremely close to being talentless.

It's the Grady Jarrett show out there, and if he isn't eating 3 offensive linemen for breakfast every snap, the defense gives up 40+ points. Deion Jones has been good in the past, but his play this season has been fairly underwhelming. I'm seeing him miss easy tackles several times a game now. Takk's basically done his job, only complaint is that he doesn't get sacks (he gets tons of pressures) but I'm going to guess there's just bad luck factoring into that. Vic's over-performing right now thanks to excellent defensive line play and I wouldn't expect that to continue. The secondary is... I don't have words to describe how bad it is, but the best I can say is that it's a complete disaster. It might not be as bad as Miami or Cincinatti's secondary, but it's close. Our linebackers have not played well at all this season either, and that group needs some work too. I honestly think the improvement on defense is just due to Grady Jarrett being a dominant force that teams have to respect - I'm not really seeing anything new in terms of scheme that the Falcons have been running in the 2nd half of the year.

I actually think the offense is close to being "set" for a period of 3-4 years, if they can get Left Guard/Center solidified, but that defense is a trainwreck waiting to happen unless Grady Jarrett plays out of his mind.