WC: Titans@Patriots

Manny/Patrick

Fun fact: the Pats are 0-4 when giving up 20+ points. Tennessee has scored 21 points or more in every game since Tannehill became the starter.

The Pats also lost 3 of their last 5 games and Billy B is 12-12 against former coaches. They've also never made it to the SB without a bye.

They also struggle mightily against the run. Advantage: Derrick Henry.

They could lose this game and even if they eke it out, they're not going to the SB. They're not beating KC in their house.

I'm looking forward to the Titans size and athleticism vs the Patriots defence. New England's defence was playing at an all-time level in this the season but seemed to have faltered down the stretch. If the Patriots defence is fatigued or worn down, then the Titans physicality can give Tennessee the edge.

In their last meeting, Henry got most of his carries in garbage time. So im looking forward to seeing how Henry fares against the game plan BB comes up with this weekend. 

However, Corey Davis is my x-factor in this game. Davis has already found success vs. NE. (2TD game in the playoffs, and over 100 yards with a TD last year) 

the Patriots will also be focusing on AJ Brown which could mean good things for Davis in this game. 

19 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Fun fact: the Pats are 0-4 when giving up 20+ points. Tennessee has scored 21 points or more in every game since Tannehill became the starter.

The Pats also lost 3 of their last 5 games and Billy B is 12-12 against former coaches. They've also never made it to the SB without a bye.

They also struggle mightily against the run. Advantage: Derrick Henry.

They could lose this game and even if they eke it out, they're not going to the SB. They're not beating KC in their house.

I never understood this statement as if it holds some weight for future performance....they never won a SB without a bye because 90% of the time they had byes.

• Like 2

Patriots best chance is the defense finding it's early season form again and getting some turnovers to give the sub-par offense a short field. I really wish I could be more positive about this match-up, but the entire season has been filled with "The Pats offense will put it together eventually" predictions that have never came to fruition. Hopefully Tannehill screws up a few times, the defense can capitalize, and the offense can not screw it up too bad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

What team isn't at this point in the season?

I actually think it’s a wonderful matchup for the Patriots ailing offense. Who wouldn’t want to face a defense with zero pass-rush and patch work CBs? Seems like the perfect time to get that offense back on track. Hell if worthless Texans backups can put up all these yards, so can the Patriots starters.