WC: Titans@Patriots

Manny/Patrick

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Still though....Titans know how to beat us.

idk how much stock i’d put into a regular season game in nashville (as fun as that one was :D). we all know how things went the last time we went to foxborough in the playoffs.

4 hours ago, -Hope- said:

idk how much stock i’d put into a regular season game in nashville (as fun as that one was :D). we all know how things went the last time we went to foxborough in the playoffs.

I wouldn't put stock, but I think its positive that Corey Davis was a factor in both those games. If AJ gets **** down, we are going to need Davis to come through, but this time he wont have Gilmore covering him.

My concern for the Titans is if the Defense can hold up and if the Oline/Tanny can keep the pocket clean/go through the reads or get rid of the ball. We can't give up Sacks and NE will try to take away the first read. Tanny is playing with a lot of confidence, but part of me is scared that it can be used against him.

I have finally caught on to New England's plan their is scheme, what they are up to.

What I have not figured out is how they're going to accomplishing what they're going to be accused of this time that led to it.

My theory is that BB & Brady had a secret meeting to discuss what they have NOT accomplished yet. They realized they'd never won a SB as a Wild Card team. So they made a plan to make it look like they wanted to beat Miami but would actually lose to become a Wild Card Team so they could shock the world and win the SB and do something they've never done before.

You heard it here first, don't say I didnt warn you.

• Like 1

The more I think about this game, specifically the match-ups when we're on D, the more hope leaves me. 

We have struggled all year with bringing big backs down, and stopping smash-mouth football in general, and this team coming here is probably the best at it. Henry is a massive problem for us, and it's no wonder all our players are banging on about tackling this week. No sht, tackling needs to be on point. Their size all across the board is a problem for us. We don't have the hats to match-up in terms of size - we are built to man-up and frustrate passing games.

We'll be using heavy doses of Hightower, Collins, KVN, Butler, Guy and Shelton against heavy, but TEN can easily then spread their formation, and we'll be stuck asking guys like Chung to cover YAC kings like Jonnu Smith (2nd amongst TEs in YAC) and if they go to Henry, it will be up to our big but mostly slow LBs to take on Henry, who is obviously also rapid. Not a good look for us. Collins is absolutely key for us, because he is a big boy but also athletic. Will be worked. 

It's like what we used to do to teams when we had Gronk - come out in a heavy formation to get their big players on the field, then open it up and put Gronk and RBs out wide :D 

Gilmore's got to go on Brown, because Brown is....you guessed it....a YAC king (1ST amongst WR YAC) and Steph is really good at tracking a receiver if he's caught it. 

TEN by 7

• Like 1

Been going back and forth all week on this one but finally have made a decision:

Titans 24-20

Titans IMO are actually a better team. Tannehil just finished with the 4th highest passer rating in NFL History, Henry is the NFLs leading rusher. This team has 11-12 wins under Tannehil for a full season if no Mariota. The Run Defense is very solid, the Patriots Offense will have to rely on Brady and his entire supporting cast is garbage. 

Pats Pass D and Overall D is tremendous but their Run Defense isn’t as good (still very good but they lack against big backs) I see the Titans Offensive Line and Henry smacking them in the mouth and if they box him, Tannehil will carve them up. 

This will be Tom Bradys last game as a New England Patriot. Let that sink in. 

Edited by BayRaider

If you think Belichick is just going to let Henry beat him then you have not been paying attention.  If Tennessee wins it will be by limiting New England’s offense and Tannehill making a bunch of clutch throws in tight windows. Henry will likely get about 70 yards at about 4 a pop.

55 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

If you think Belichick is just going to let Henry beat him then you have not been paying attention.  If Tennessee wins it will be by limiting New England’s offense and Tannehill making a bunch of clutch throws in tight windows. Henry will likely get about 70 yards at about 4 a pop.

Lol, you think Henry is going to get 17 carries in the rain/snow? Think again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Never said Henry will have a huge day but if Bellichicks gameplan is Henry, the Titans Pass Offense will have taken full advantage. Just like they been doing all season. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

if you think its up to him, you have not been paying attention

You cant out scheme getting your *** beat by a bigger, tougher guy. Henry wears defenders down over the course of a game and then breaks a huge run. Its up to their linebackers and secondary to contain him, not BB. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This will be Tom Bradys last game as a New England Patriot. Let that sink in. 

I just hope wherever Brady goes next season he actually get the receiving core and supporting cast he deserves for a swan song

• Like 1