WC: Titans@Patriots

Manny/Patrick

I’d be really surprised if NE wins, honestly.

The defense doesn’t lose on big plays, they lose by being picked apart - which is exactly what I think 2019 Tannehill is capable of doing. I’m not convinced they’ll be able to bottle Henry enough. The Titans secondary might be weak right now but NE’s receiving options have been absolutely held in check by so-so secondaries this year. 

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

titans looked real good against NE last yr. they could be real familiar with NE with varbel...playing in NE might not feel big for them because of that

Thats anotyer thing: Belichick has been getting thoroughly outcoached by his ex-assistants and players.

8 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Which I can't believe that, because Houston said last week that they intended to play their starters and were playing to win. 

Their actions spoke louder than their words.

AJ McCarron, Chris Clark and Keke Coutee started - instead of Deshaun Watson, DeAndre Hopkins and Larmey Tunsil. Zach Cunningham, Gaeron Conley, Justin Reid and Tashaun Gipson played some snaps, but were yanked quickly. DJ Reader didn't suit up, Berdnardrick McKinney didn't suit up, Bradley Roby didn't suit up... 

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Which I can't believe that, because Houston said last week that they intended to play their starters and were playing to win. 

If you heard the interviews and not read headlines, his comment was "We always play to win" He never said our starters would play. He didn't say they wouldn't either.

I am so happy the Tacks made it in. I think they have a legit shot to beat NE and if we can win we would go to KC instead of Baltimore in the Divisional Round. Our LWW indicates we will win the WC and DC rounds only to lose in the AFC Championship game. One can hope lol

I think the La-li-lu-le-lo cut the Titans down to size. It's hard for me to see Bill and Tom lose a second straight home game with that defense. The Titans are on fire offensively right now, but I their defense holds them back. The matchup between AJ Brown and Gilmore will be interesting when they square up.

• Like 1

Very interesting matchup. Tennessee smashmouth style destroyed NE last year, and that was before the Tanchise came to the rescue. Of course that was last year, a lot has changed for both teams... but there's definitely something to be said about BB's disciples facing him.

Tale of 2 halves for both teams as well. 1 team's defense went from the historically dominant to average. The other team's offense went from mediocre to one of the best in the league.

• Pats game 1-8
    • 8-0, outscored opponents by 23.6 PPG, allowed 7.6 PPG, +17 TO margin
  • Pats game 9-16
    • 4-4, outscored opponents by just 4 pts in total, allowed 20.5 PPG, +4 TO margin

• Mariota Titans
    • 2-4, 16.3 PPG, 290.5 YPG
  • Tannehill Titans
    • 7-3, 30.4 PPG, 406.2 YPG

Love this matchup. All signs point to a Titans win... but we're talking about the Pats here. At home. They're my pick to pull this one out. Pats 24 Titans 20