Browns fire HC Eddie Kitchens and GM John Dorsey

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I dont agree with the John Dorsey firing but I'd ask this, is HE who chose Kitchens? Maybe that's why. Talent wise he did a good job. But I suspect theres gonna be some major trades coming from Cleveland in the offseason now. OBJ, Landry, and others leaving town potentially?

He pushed for Kitchens to be hired, and it was reported he wanted to keep him for next year. Dude is just not cut out for making coaching decisions.

In terms of trades, I highly doubt anything major happens next year. If we start winning, it's likely that the clown show will die down and everything will come together.

Edited by Here'sJim
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Best part is the mental gymnastics Browns fans have to jump through to appear to support their teams' decisions every single offseason lol.

Literally the last few weeks Browns fans have been pounding the Dorsey table in regards to how incompetent Freddie was. "John gave Freddie a team with enough talent that with even an AVERAGE coach should have won 10 games. Freddie is garbage".

Now that he's been fired, 80% of that forum is celebrating, im sure.

Just like they were telling skeptics of the Freddie hire last offseason that we were wrong and of course it was a great hire because of his relationship with Baker.

It has to be truly, truly exhausting keeping up with the rotating spread sheets of who to blame, pump up, etc. every offseason.

I mean I think most of us are trying to just convince ourselves it's the right decision while knowing we have one of the worst owners in sports and it will inevitably blow up in our face.

The delusion and trolling is part of the fun.  Fans of more successful teams don't know what they are talking about either but expect to get their *** kissed like their team's success is something they are responsible for.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I mean it should be evident and obvious by now that the Browns will basically have to fluke into any winning they manage to do as long as the Haslem's own the franchise.

Thankfully the Tribe have Dolan and the Cavs have Gilbert or we would really be screwed.

• Like 3

Since the browns came back in 99 they’ve gone through 10 GM’s and 12 coaches. Like your expected to turn that team around in less then two years or you’re back to being unemployed with a Browns stain on your resume. Haslam May actually be worse then Spanos except he hasn’t move the team... yet. 

1 hour ago, Here'sJim said:

He pushed for Kitchens to be hired, and it was reported he wanted to keep him for next year. Dude is just not cut out for making coaching decisions.

Kitchens is the only one he's ever hired, so I'm not sure how you could come to that conclusion already.  And I imagine it's not easy to hire coaches in Cleveland, given that organization's history.  Like the other guy said, they almost have to fluke into success, because the owner isn't capable of running a competent organization.

18 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Kitchens is the only one he's ever hired, so I'm not sure how you could come to that conclusion already.  And I imagine it's not easy to hire coaches in Cleveland, given that organization's history.  Like the other guy said, they almost have to fluke into success, because the owner isn't capable of running a competent organization.

If you watched Freddy Kitchens coach, if you read reports about how he organized himself, if you watched the behavior of the players around him... it's kind of crazy to want him back. 

People smarter than him asked him to stick to what he did best and he refused. It was time to move on.

Edited by Here'sJim