WC: BUF@HOU

Manny/Patrick

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Realistically speaking, it's a four month recovery period. So, if he were to reinjure himself, he'd be recovered somewhere by April/May timeframe, ahead of training camp.

This being said, I personally think that Watt is saddling up for one final push to the SB, and will be retiring once the Texans are done. I have nothing to really base this off of, just a gut feeling.

I think I am more irritated with the media coverage

They are either overblowing the nature of the injury for ratings --- and to make Watt look more heroic

Or it is gross negligence to have him out there. If it is the way they are saying, he shouldn't be cleared to play

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

35-3 leads are not safe with Buffalo/Houston

I'll be comfortable if we get to 38-3 though

Not safe for Houston, at least. That game ruined a 12 year old ET. (Or, conditioned me for Houston sports).

I really want to believe the Texans will show up today, but I'm fairly certain they won't. I honestly want it to be bad so we can see if ownership will make the move from Bill O'Brien...

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I think I am more irritated with the media coverage

They are either overblowing the nature of the injury for ratings --- and to make Watt look more heroic

Or it is gross negligence to have him out there. If it is the way they are saying, he shouldn't be cleared to play

Or - what I've been thinking - it's HGH.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Realistically speaking, it's a four month recovery period. So, if he were to reinjure himself, he'd be recovered somewhere by April/May timeframe, ahead of training camp.

This being said, I personally think that Watt is saddling up for one final push to the SB, and will be retiring once the Texans are done. I have nothing to really base this off of, just a gut feeling.

What? I don’t see Watt retiring for at least a few years. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I do. It's less about football, more about life after football. Watt has a legitimate care for his foundations and charities - he's not just slapping his name on it, he takes a hands on approach with those endeavors. His work in Houston post-Harvey was nothing short of superhuman; He wasn't just raising money, he was on site to the heavily damaged areas, working to rebuild. He's also very active working with veterans and Texas Children's Hospital, so it's not just post-disaster work.

I think that football has become a means to an end to him now. He's more interested in those efforts. 

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Or - what I've been thinking - it's HGH.

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I've heard Watt say a couple times things like "getting to play in the playoffs is worth the risk of another injury that would require a surgery in 3 months"

I get where ET is coming from. He does in someway sound like a guy who feels like this is the one (last?) chance

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

I do. It's less about football, more about life after football. Watt has a legitimate care for his foundations and charities - he's not just slapping his name on it, he takes a hands on approach with those endeavors. His work in Houston post-Harvey was nothing short of superhuman; He wasn't just raising money, he was on site to the heavily damaged areas, working to rebuild. He's also very active working with veterans and Texas Children's Hospital, so it's not just post-disaster work.

I think that football has become a means to an end to him now. He's more interested in those efforts. 

The sport will suffer, but everything else will be better off if more players were like JJ. What a guy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I see him playing another three years. He’s a competitor. Loves football more than 90% of anyone. Also his fiancee is a bad*** soccer player in her prime. I imagine they have the most fun cheering each other on. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I see him playing another three years. He’s a competitor. Loves football more than 90% of anyone. Also his fiancee is a bad*** soccer player in her prime. I imagine they have the most fun cheering each other on. 

I wouldn't call Kealia Ohai a bad*** soccer player. She's good, but she's not Alex Morgan/Megan Rapinoe good.

She's also hinted at calling it a career after she tore her ACL last season, so it would be a joint retirement.

I could be wrong, but a lot of signs are pointing in that direction.

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I wouldn't call Kealia Ohai a bad*** soccer player. She's good, but she's not Alex Morgan/Megan Rapinoe good.

She's also hinted at calling it a career after she tore her ACL last season, so it would be a joint retirement.

I could be wrong, but a lot of signs are pointing in that direction.

He's already HoF too, the only reason he has to stay is for love of the city, which he has much of. He has achieved all in his career that he possibly could achieve, except a SB of course.

• Like 1

Only reason I think we win is because of the 2-1 process. Not because Bob can actually coach a game or that this team has the fortitude to show up in big game scenarios. No none of that. The 2-1 process will get us to the AFC championship game, i have spoken. 

• Like 1