Giants fire Shurmur

SteelKing728

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

No, but he's not some qb guru that people try to cling onto.

I mean, maybe you could say he developed that one guy who destroyed Detroit in week 17 back in 2011.

Matt Flynn haha no, that was just a ridiculous slew of receivers and a shootout 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Oh, I can't take credit for it. This was an old ESPN NFL Primetime adage from Chris Berman...

Another football for your honesty ET. And 10 points to Gryffindor as well. 

I don't know how the Giants rationalize just pinning everything on Shurmur when Gettleman is the one giving him the roster...

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Here's the complete longlist of QBs that McCarthy developed:

Aaron Rodgers

What QBs has he really had an opportunity to work with?  Let's go down that list shall we...Aaron Rodgers, Ingle Martin, Matt Flynn, B.J. Coleman, and Brett Hundley.  Of those 5, how many exceeded their draft slots?  Aaron Rodgers and Matt Flynn.  And Brett Hundley probably lived up to his draft pick, so you're talking about a ~50% success rate with the QBs he's had.  That's pretty damn good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Here's the complete longlist of QBs that McCarthy developed:

Aaron Rodgers

McCarthy is proven and a solid choice for a HC. How many QBs did Andy Reid develop before he was fired from the Eagles? Coaches need talent. I'm actually surprised McCarthy is not getting more interview requests.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What QBs has he really had an opportunity to work with?  Let's go down that list shall we...Aaron Rodgers, Ingle Martin, Matt Flynn, B.J. Coleman, and Brett Hundley.  Of those 5, how many exceeded their draft slots?  Aaron Rodgers and Matt Flynn.  And Brett Hundley probably lived up to his draft pick, so you're talking about a ~50% success rate with the QBs he's had.  That's pretty damn good.

I'll give Hundley a lot of credit actually. I didn't see him making it 3 years in the league. Physical tools only get you so far.

Anyways, McCarthy is a decent but nothing spectacular hire for a team. That's a plus for a team down on their luck.

Not remotely surprised he didn't work out as HC. Granted, he wasn't in a good situation with the Browns, but it was clear that he didn't have what it takes to be a head coach. Seems like another typical good/very good OC but bad HC type of guy.

On 12/31/2019 at 9:44 AM, TENINCH said:

Rooney Rule interview imo.

Edit: remembered that they are also interviewing biennemymmmeee

Honestly I think Richard deserves a shot at HC somewhere. Our defense relapsed this year but injuries, poor tackling and underachieving on the back end of the defense hurt us more. The players love to play for him and he’s such a fired up guy on the sideline it’s hard not to stand behind him and play for him. He’s definitely passionate about football. Make players accountable every single day. 

Edited by TheBeast23
  • Like 1