Which game will be closer? New Orleans/Vikings or Patriots/Titans

mdonnelly21

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which game will end up with the closer score?

37 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

If Dalvin is close to 100%, I think they could pull off an upset. Either way, I think it'll be close.

I'm guessing the competitive portion of that game will be over by halftime. The vikes are a lousy road team, the peaking Saints will crush them
Teddy Bridgewater might even score on them in the 4th quarter as Sean Payton rests his starters

• Like 1

I think the Pats might be able to keep their game close.   

MIN has no shot if Thielen & Cook aren't playing, and even then, it's going to be long odds.  But give them Cook, Thielen & Diggs, and then at least they have a fighter's chance.  Bisi Johnson, Laquon Treadwell & Mike Boone aren't pulling January magic out of their *ss.

Edited by Broncofan

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I think the Pats might be able to keep their game close.   

MIN has no shot if Thielen & Cook aren't playing, and even then, it's going to be long odds.  But give them Cook, Thielen & Diggs, and then at least they have a fighter's chance.  Bisi Johnson, Laquon Treadwell & Mike Boone aren't pulling January magic out of their *ss.

Cook, Theilen and Mattison are all healthy now. Cook and Mattison could have played against Chicago if the game meant anything.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BillSabre said:

Neither game will be all that close. The Saints and the Titans are going to smoke them boys. 

Titans are not smoking anybody with that defense. I don’t care how bad the Patriots offense has been. They haven’t faced a secondary(mainly CBs) as bad as the Titans. Plus the Titans pass-rush is garbage and Brady will have all day to throw. On the flip side, I do think the Titans will also put up points on a Patriots defense who is as overrated as they come.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Cook, Theilen and Mattison are all healthy now. Cook and Mattison could have played against Chicago if the game meant anything.

Mattison is great news.   But even though Cook and Thielen will play their injuries are likely not resolved.  That’s the issue - does Thielen have full explosion with the hammy and can Cook’s SC joint hold up the next time he gets driven hard into the turf?   Playing on turf definitely makes both issues trickier to predict.  

I definitely think at full strength MIN has a puncher’s chance.   Both guys just need to be 100 percent (although a 100 percent Mattison cushions the blow). 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I see Minnesota and New Orleans going wire to wire and being back and forth (at least until somebody screws up). 

Ronjon, I enjoy your posts here at FF - you deliver some high quality insight around here. 
Take a look at the vikes road games against "good" teams this year and then tell us why they are going to be different/better at New Orleans this weekend

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/2019.htm

at Packers, lost
at bears, lost
at Chiefs, lost
at cowboys, won
at seahawks, lost

Home dome games ?

at home with division on the line, lost badly to GB -  and GB isn't as good as the Saints are
at home vs bears, lost. Meaning they got swept by both of their division rivals this year

There just isn't anything to hang your hat on vs a balanced and peaking Saints team and I didn't even mention the Cousins - Big Game meltdowns
In 2017, Zimmer and crew had a golden chance to play in their home dome for the Super Bowl, instead they got pasted 38-7 at Philly.