Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

16 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

This site have odds on players like  R. Anderson? Clowney?  Yannick?

Not sure, I just saw it screenshotted from a Jaguars writer this morning regarding Winston.

I don't think anyone has a feel for Yan. Think that one isn't close to being figured out until someone gives in to Jaguars demand like Foles tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Ouch.  That's a pretty godawful endorsement of the franchise when the QB posts that stuff.

Sorry Texans fans.  Yall deserve better than BoB.  The Colts don't, but yall do.

Edited by Daniel

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

So the question is, Does Yannick want the Eagles to trade for him, or have their actually been talks going on between the two front offices already?

I'm assuming the former. Mike Kaye, who is well connected in Philly as I'm sure you know, has basically said it's like the Foles situation in which we have a compensation requirement and until that gets offered talks really aren't happening.

The Jags/Dave aren't going to cave in to a players trade demand unless a fair offer is presented. Don't think they would've traded Ramsey when they did/so quick if the Rams wouldn't have came in and blew the doors off either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not really sure I see a point in this. For example, Littleton's entire first two years of his deal are basically guaranteed. It's not like a signing bonus would have made much of a difference in terms of dead cap.

1) this allows them easy restructures if they want to create space later as necessary. With a signing bonus up front, if you also then restructure after, the amount of allocated cap can balloon in future years. 

For example, if you give a guy 30m signing bonus for 3 years, the pay 10m per season after that, and you restructure in year2 and convert10m to signing bonus, then they count 15m year 2 and 25in year 3, 15 of which would be signing bonus proration. So, if you cut them, it would be 15m in dead space. If you paid them 20m per season, and wanted to create 5m in space you could convert 10m to a signing bonus, drop the hit to 15m year 2 and increase cap hit to 25m in year 3, but the main difference is that you would then only have 5m in dead space if you cut them after year 2 instead of 15m. So by having no signing bonus initially you can maneuver more easily later on and are able to get out from bad contracts more easily 

2) they can also trade anyplayer easily. If Littleton had a signing bonus and they wanted to trade him after 1 year, they incur a lot of dead cap. Right now his money is guaranteed but they can trade him and have another team pay it 

3) mark Davis is one of the least liquid owners in football. He doesn't want to pay a bunch of money up front I don't think 

This is a good strategy for teams that are rebuilding but eventually you will need to utilize signing bonuses to maximize potential wins in a current year 

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'm assuming the former. Mike Kaye, who is well connected in Philly as I'm sure you know, has basically said it's like the Foles situation in which we have a compensation requirement and until that gets offered talks really aren't happening.

The Jags/Dave aren't going to cave in to a players trade demand unless a fair offer is presented. Don't think they would've traded Ramsey when they did/so quick if the Rams wouldn't have came in and blew the doors off either.

Once again showing how tag-n-trade is the most asinine thing in football politics.

1 minute ago, N4L said:

1) this allows them easy restructures if they want to create space later as necessary. With a signing bonus up front, if you also then restructure after, the amount of allocated cap can balloon in future years. 

For example, if you give a guy 30m signing bonus for 3 years, the pay 10m per season after that, and you restructure in year2 and convert10m to signing bonus, then they count 15m year 2 and 25in year 3, 15 of which would be signing bonus proration. So, if you cut them, it would be 15m in dead space. If you paid them 20m per season, and wanted to create 5m in space you could convert 10m to a signing bonus, drop the hit to 15m year 2 and increase cap hit to 25m in year 3, but the main difference is that you would then only have 5m in dead space if you cut them after year 2 instead of 15m. So by having no signing bonus initially you can maneuver more easily later on and are able to get out from bad contracts more easily 

2) they can also trade anyplayer easily. If Littleton had a signing bonus and they wanted to trade him after 1 year, they incur a lot of dead cap. Right now his money is guaranteed but they can trade him and have another team pay it 

3) mark Davis is one of the least liquid owners in football. He doesn't want to pay a bunch of money up front I don't think 

This is a good strategy for teams that are rebuilding but eventually you will need to utilize signing bonuses to maximize potential wins in a current year 

1. There are plenty of ways to accomplish that task. At the end of the day, most teams shy away from giving out big signing bonuses these days (outside of elite players who have the leverage to force them to pony up). My point is that what they're doing isn't very out of the ordinary.

2. Again, see my response to #1.

3. That is likely true. I'm surprised somebody like Littleton was willing to make that trade off.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Once again showing how tag-n-trade is the most asinine thing in football politics.

It is.

But with it being in place, there's no reason for the Jags to do anything other than what they're doing, imo. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

He's not going to make it out until 2023 unfortunately at the earliest. 5th year option and then franchise tag for one season if not a 2nd.

Never underestimate the power of not signing your franchise tag and showing up halfway through the season as a QB. (if that's still a thing)

I was 100% against it for Dak because he wants to be in Dallas and they are a few million apart in negotiations.

Its different when your coach/GM/Supreme Leader is an incompetent psychopath who trades your best friend after saying he is like Aaron Hernandez for not worshiping the BOB.

He could also take the Antonio Brown scorched earth in Pittsburgh route or try this...

Hey guys, coach is a moron so I am calling all my own plays.

tell the media that BOB is incompetent so the players are running the game plan on offense.

What are they gonna do, play AJ McCarron and keep Watson on the bench?

He could also call out sick 5 Sundays a year.

There are lots of things you can do to avoid working for a toxic NFL coach.