Are You Comfortable with the RB Position?

CWood21

I told my buddy who is an Indy fan.  Dial Monty up for 1100 rushing and 400 receiving.  10-12 TD's total.  He got Monty in the 5'th round of his fantasy draft and is digging it right now.

If that dude can stay healthy....man...what a perfect back.  He looks great back there.  Patience, burst, vision, hands.  The only thing that can slow him down is Rodgers and his audibles!

16 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I told my buddy who is an Indy fan.  Dial Monty up for 1100 rushing and 400 receiving.  10-12 TD's total.  He got Monty in the 5'th round of his fantasy draft and is digging it right now.

If that dude can stay healthy....man...what a perfect back.  He looks great back there.  Patience, burst, vision, hands.  The only thing that can slow him down is Rodgers and his audibles!

Or our run blocking.

Whether the fans are comfortable with the position or not, apparently head coach Mike McCarthy is not at least outside of Ty Montgomery.

What other explanation is there for Montgomery getting 65 snaps to 3 for Williams and 5 for RIp?

Have Jones or Mays even made appearances at RB yet?

Ty is just about a one-man show at this point.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0703974275060601414-4

GB invested 3 draft picks at RB to play behind Ty.

Can it really be none of them are worthy of playing time at this point? Is it the fragile OLine that keeps them from getting into games? Lack of ability in the passing game? All of the above? Something else?

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Whether the fans are comfortable with the position or not, apparently head coach Mike McCarthy is not at least outside of Ty Montgomery.

What other explanation is there for Montgomery getting 65 snaps to 3 for Williams and 5 for RIp?

Have Jones or Mays even made appearances at RB yet?

Ty is just about a one-man show at this point.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0703974275060601414-4

GB invested 3 draft picks at RB to play behind Ty.

Can it really be none of them are worthy of playing time at this point? Is it the fragile OLine that keeps them from getting into games? Lack of ability in the passing game? All of the above? Something else?

It has to be easing them in. We'll see more snaps from other guys as the year goes on. Long season. 

39 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Monty looked to me like he was getting beaten up last game.  If there was ever a game to get another RB up to speed for...it is this one coming up.  Monty could use a much reduced workload.

Rip got double-digit snaps every game from week 10 on last year, MM and the RBs coach both came out and said they needed to reduce Ty's workload last week, and then Ty plays nearly the entire game yesterday while Williams makes a token appearance, Rip barely sees the field and Jones and Mays do not see the field.

That is really odd.

And sure MM may want to ease the transition for the 3 rookies and I get it that it is a long season, but the way they are running Ty almost exclusively one would think that these games are the only ones that count. And if it keeps up it will be a long season, for Montgomery, by mid-season.

I'd love to see some Williams and/or Jones.  Each has to give the offense some juice it has been lacking.

I'm not a big fan of Williams, but, his 6 yard carry looked good yesterday.  He ran lower than he did in pre-season and he looked faster to me.  He did look like a young James Starks.  And that's a good thing.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

My answer to this question has changed to no 3 weeks in. Monty was dreadful yesterday.

Was Ty dreadful or was the oline dreadful? Ty consistently doesn't go down on first contact. I think he runs very hard. I think he would be better if this offense ran the ball more and got into rhythm.

i agree with most everyone that at least Williams/Rip needs more touches. But I don't think Ty is bad at all. Bad oline and been playing catch up in the last 2 games. Aaron and Mac already love getting away from the run without reason... give them the reason of needing to keep pace on the scoreboard... 

Archived