Are You Comfortable with the RB Position?

CWood21

1 hour ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Remember the names Jhurell Pressly, Don Jackson, Knile Davis? Just because they are the bench doesn't mean they will play good.

GoPack stated an affirmative "know" regarding Jamal Williams pass blocking. Was just curious how he knew

I like you. I like you a lot. Outliers are far easier to remember than 30 failures. Until it's draft picks. Then they all sucked.

Good chance one of those kids is decent. Not easy to find who this quick.

35 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Ty is just a guy. Not a bad back but having to limit his carries and blocking hurts him. To me he would be a very good 3rd down back if he can pick up his blocking a little

Heck yeah would love to see as the season goes on more Jamal and A. Jones as the 1-2 punch and Ty as the third down guy, although his blocking would have to be better.

19 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Why does noone seem to mention Mays when mentioning the rookie RBs? I'm really intrigued by him, he looked pretty good in preseason too. 

I'm right there with you. The fact we kept him makes me more so.

The issue is that substitution hurts Aaron's free play ablititly, not as many chances at 12 men on the field. As well as lining RB in multiple areas to identify the defense easier.

I think this is the reason why they don't really do a running back by committee. That and Aaron made an interesting comment that the young guys needed to show it in practice. And when he has used that terminology... it means he doesn't trust them. Janis is the poster boy for this.

Only weird thing is not a lot of Rip. But again I'm assuming it's the substitution and using a RB to call out what the defense is doing.

7 hours ago, spilltray said:

The Packers don't use a 3rd down back because they don't want to substitute like that.

We haven't used a 3rd down back because we don't have one.

We sub in and out of 10, 11 and 12 personnel all the time and rarely run full no huddle anymore. If we had a skillset worthy of being used on 3rd down (Cohen, Chris Thompson, McCaffrey) we would utilize him.

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

I think McCarthy would still use a guy like that on all 3 downs. Maybe swapping series, but I don't think you are going to ever see that type of division of duties from McCarthy

I was under the impression that Mac wasn't a fan of the RBBC approach.  Am I wrong?

Archived