Are You Comfortable with the RB Position?

CWood21

2 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Thats crazy talk. TY has not shown he can take the pounding for even 2-3 games. Aaron Jones, you sold me. He's good, not ready to say hes great though. Williams, I just dont see it. who said he played well Sunday? I sure didn't see it.Sure, he had a couple tough runs but 3 ypc? That's not good.

Williams was averaging well into 4 yo if you take out final drive losses he had.

I'm plenty content with the group of 3 we have. Cheap and effective enough.

10 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Thats crazy talk. TY has not shown he can take the pounding for even 2-3 games. Aaron Jones, you sold me. He's good, not ready to say hes great though. Williams, I just dont see it. who said he played well Sunday? I sure didn't see it.Sure, he had a couple tough runs but 3 ypc? That's not good.

There were carries he had that Aaron Jones wouldn't have gotten crap on either. He found some yards he shouldn't have. Different strokes.

He looked good. Perfect example of box score scouting. Which doesn't mean he hadn't been terrible. He had. He was running through contact and finding some spots. Dude's fine.

I was actually pretty impressed with Williams growth since we first saw him. He doesn't look like he has the vision of Jones but he looks like he can break some tackles and his vision was much better the last game. Interesting to see what he can do with another game starting.

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

I was actually pretty impressed with Williams growth since we first saw him. He doesn't look like he has the vision of Jones but he looks like he can break some tackles and his vision was much better the last game. Interesting to see what he can do with another game starting.

I like your opinion of Williams. He does look much more comfortable and he did show he has talent. It looks like TT did hit on the mid-round RB's in the draft which is actually surprising to me, a welcome surprise. It's been a long long time since the Packers have had this much RB depth. 

17 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Pretty much.  Having an elite RB is nice, but I think it's a luxury especially if that's a position we want to minimize spending at.  If we can save several million at that position, it frees the Packers up to spend elsewhere.

On 11/14/2017 at 6:40 PM, Packerraymond said:

Williams was averaging well into 4 yo if you take out final drive losses he had.

I still say Williams is average at best. Skill set likes like just a guy. Jones... looks like he could be better than average but the book is still out. Think we’ll see Mays this weekend and he may put Williams back on the bench if he played like pre season. 

On 11/14/2017 at 6:45 PM, NormSizedMidget said:

There were carries he had that Aaron Jones wouldn't have gotten crap on either. He found some yards he shouldn't have. Different strokes.

He looked good. Perfect example of box score scouting. Which doesn't mean he hadn't been terrible. He had. He was running through contact and finding some spots. Dude's fine.

So which is it? Packerraymond says his stats were good before the last drive. However that’s not true either. He averaged 3.333 per carry in the 3rd quarter and 3.364 per carry in the 4th. He did have 5 carries of between 5-7 yards and still only averaged 3.35 for the game.

I do give him credit for running tough but we have a full back that can do that. To me, so far, he’s just a guy and a below average back in the long run. I just don’t see it yet. 

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

I was concerned about the RB situation heading into week 1, but today I feel OK about moving fwd with the current group.  Hopefully MM will eventually start using Monty in a more Woodhead/Burkhead like role.

Better spend your hope on Rodgers doing that because I think McCarthy gives him that opportunity just fine. 

On 11/17/2017 at 4:05 PM, MantyWrestler said:

So which is it? Packerraymond says his stats were good before the last drive. However that’s not true either. He averaged 3.333 per carry in the 3rd quarter and 3.364 per carry in the 4th. He did have 5 carries of between 5-7 yards and still only averaged 3.35 for the game.

I do give him credit for running tough but we have a full back that can do that. To me, so far, he’s just a guy and a below average back in the long run. I just don’t see it yet. 

How did you feel about him coming out of the draft btw

Archived