Are You Comfortable with the RB Position?

CWood21

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's not to my taste in the slot. He just doesn't have the wheels or the height to stand out there. On the plus side, he's smart and tough which go a long way in that spot. 

The biggest issue I've got with Montgomery at the moment is that Montgomery showed me absolutely zero "make you miss" ability this year. What the hell good is a scat back with mediocre wheels who goes down on first contact?

he's actually surprisingly good at breaking tackles with power, but not with quickness.

It's weird since he was a pretty dang good returner in college and early in his career.

Also think Aaron Jones does have some pass catching and route ability, and it's stuff we saw at UTEP.

6 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

he's actually surprisingly good at breaking tackles with power, but not with quickness.

It's weird since he was a pretty dang good returner in college and early in his career.

Also think Aaron Jones does have some pass catching and route ability, and it's stuff we saw at UTEP.

If Jones is ever even an average NFL target out of the backfield, I'd be surprised. The guy has some skills, but even if he does, he's not in any position to show it.

13 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If Jones is ever even an average NFL target out of the backfield, I'd be surprised. The guy has some skills, but even if he does, he's not in any position to show it.

Why? Blocking? Because he is the best player we have with the ball in his hands. Why not try to get him the ball in space as well?

As the RB situation develops, I am expecting more and more for Williams to be the guy who eventually ends up with the pseudo RB1 role in a shared backfield.  Williams just seems to be more in line with the type of RB MM has preferred during his time in GB.  Monty at RB was an intriguing idea, but I think the fans vision of how Monty would be used was much different than what MM had in mind.  Now that Williams and Jones should be sharing the load down the stretch, I don't see MM going back to Monty in any significant way next season.

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He doesn't track the ball well and doesn't have a developed skill set running routes. 

he used to line up in the slot, he can run all the RB routes, his hands are good... I think he can hang, not that he'll get the chance.

4 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

TT gonna draft 3 pass rushers next year

I hope so.  This is our biggest issue on defense this year.  You can't allow a QB to sit back there and pick you apart.  We got some sacks yesterday because Tampa's O line is a mess.

Archived