Star Wars Universe Thread

naptownskinsfan

On 4/1/2021 at 1:57 PM, carl_sjunior said:

Just placed holds on the Darth Bane trilogy for after I finish Thrawn! Thanks guys.

Enjoy the books.  I have all of them in chronological order on my bookshelf.  I started reading them in third grade and they really helped me pick up a love for reading. 

• 4 weeks later...

So had some free time without the fam. Over in the "What are you thinking about" thread. Posted about my days alone and used it to check out Star Wars. As a long time hater of such, and not just Star Wars. Basically all movies in general. Some here might be interested to know how my perspective on the SWU has done a complete 180. Heres a small writeup I did last night.  Check it out. Being new to this would enjoy a bit of discussion on this Universe.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/34076-what-are-you-thinking-about-v-the-bucs-are-super-bowl-champs/page/42/#comments

51 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

So had some free time without the fam. Over in the "What are you thinking about" thread. Posted about my days alone and used it to check out Star Wars. As a long time hater of such, and not just Star Wars. Basically all movies in general. Some here might be interested to know how my perspective on the SWU has done a complete 180. Heres a small writeup I did last night.  Check it out. Being new to this would enjoy a bit of discussion on this Universe.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/34076-what-are-you-thinking-about-v-the-bucs-are-super-bowl-champs/page/42/#comments

Gets a week alone without family.

Uses it to watch the most family friendly franchise made in past 10 years.

Get some scotch and watch The Thing (1982).

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Welcome to the "Actually liked The Last Jedi Club"

There are no membership fees

We also have our meetings in large closets 

It's more than enough space. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Welcome to the "Actually liked The Last Jedi Club"

There are no membership fees

We also have our meetings in large closets 

It's more than enough space. 

Thats insane. It was a masterpiece of super hottie hotness. Now all the scenes that Finn were in were trash. But its Disney and we know why he was crammed in and given time. So I just ignore most his scenes. Worst actor in history. Should have cast me. With me smooth Jamaican styled accent that people say I sound like Little Jacob from GTA4. America been all legalizing. Who wouldnt want someone runnin round sounding like Bob Marley?

But rest of the movie was awesome.

Good first episode of Bad Batch. I really want more early Empire stuff. Such a fascinating time. Didn’t need the kid, but it’s a kid show, so hopefully she’s alright.

Spoiler

Nice to include Kanan in the opening.

So I watched the first episode of The Bad Batch

Spoiler

All in all, it was solid, but not great.  A whole lot of setup, but it did a pretty good job setting it up.  I would say it was a better beginning than Rebels had, but it also had a pre-existing group of characters already somewhat established.

• Beginning with Order 66 was definitely the right call, though I wish they had been a little more brutal about it.
  • The Caleb Dume cameo was a good one and a smart way to keep things connected.  It should be a one off, but i'm pretty sure that was still Freddie Prinze Jr even though the character is only about 12 here.
  • Pretty good job explaining why the inhibitor chip didn't work on them, but I think it was definitely the right call to have it work on one of them.
  • Having Tarkin involved was a nice touch, gave us a ruthless villain to start as the base and someone what we knew to expect of.  Having him them manipulate Crosshair will lead to a solid bad guy who knows them, though his eventual redemption is almost assured, much the same way Ahsoka saved Rex in the Clone Wars finale.  The best thing they could do is have one of them die this season, so we know there are stakes.  I know it's a kids show, but it still needs stakes.
  • Nice Saw Guerrera cameo, I think they need to keep building him up even though his first on screen appearance is his death in Rogue One, they need a reason for him to be famous.  They've done it some in Rebels, and I think we see him more in this.
  • It's pretty obvious that Omega is the Kaminoans essentially taking the Bad Batch's DNA and making a Super Clone.  Just in that episode, they showed her figuring crap out like Tech, leading the squad like Hunter, and her first time with a blaster hits a shot like Crosshair.  I expect sometime in the next few episodes we are going to see some sort of "unexpected" feat of strength.  I hope there is a solid reason to make the character female and not just because.  Even if the writers reasoning is just because, you need to write in a solid story arc reasoning considering the MILLIONS of other clones are all male as was Jango Fett, the dude they cloned.  I just want some consistency.
  • Not super excited, but i'm definitely in on the next episode.

1 hour ago, carl_sjunior said:

I'm on season 4 or so of my Clone Wars watch. I'm actually enjoying it and have gone out of my way to not watch filler episodes. 

Don't have tons of free-time to myself, so it's a slow watch.

I will be honest that I didn’t enjoy Season 1 of Clone Wars that much. It got progressively better, though, and ended up being one of my favorite animated shows. I like Rebels just as much or more so far (only on Season 2, though).

Edited by Oregon Ducks

38 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I will be honest that I didn’t enjoy Season 1 of Clone Wars that much. It got progressively better, though, and ended up being one of my favorite animated shows. I like Rebels just as much or more so far (only on Season 2, though).

Rebels gets better and better, enjoy

• Like 1

I have the first 4 episodes of Rebels to check out. See if its anything worth watching.

Finished up Mandalorian last night. Can someone tell me the timeframe for this. Some things said during my watch through didnt make the greatest sense. And Im brand new to all this so...   Like one part the jedi girl said she once heard of an ancient jedi like this (referring to Grogu). Then another part there was a young pilot when kidnapping the clone doctors ship that said he was on the 2nd death star.  I was figuring this was around or even after the last trilogy. But according to that pilot. Ben and Grogu were likely students of Luke at the same time.