49ers Stats and Observations

Forge

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

which means in the SB, kyle will run this play but its a play actions pass...

Its plays like this that help to really show the value of Juice. To have a full back that can actually commit to faking one direction, then change it up and kick out the other way and still be ahead of the play to make blocks is simply amazing. There are not many fullbacks who can do that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Looks like the speed difference isn't all that much. Granted, we don't have people to match up against Hill's speed 1-on-1, but the narrative of the Chiefs' offensive weapons' speed being heads and shoulder better than everyone else isn't true.

Considering Mahommes and Jimmy count as ball carriers, Jimmy brings down our average. Breida had the top speed in the league, this year, didn't he? Faster than Hill. So yeah, we're fast.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Its plays like this that help to really show the value of Juice. To have a full back that can actually commit to faking one direction, then change it up and kick out the other way and still be ahead of the play to make blocks is simply amazing. There are not many fullbacks who can do that. 

Has anyone noticed how Juice, when he's lead blocking in a rather open field, usually always takes down two defenders? He just throws his body at the first guy, but at an angle where he cuts the second guy's path to the carrier. I don't know how he does it. Maybe it's just a coincidence that he's done it several times. If it's not a coincidence and he works at it, he's definitely putting his Harvard education to use.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Two are obvious, one is not. Ben Garland is quietly having a great postseason, granted we've run the ball 89 times as opposed to 27 pass attempts. Garland has proven to be a very good run blocker. 

Yeah, big props to Garland. Major concern after struggling a couple of times in the weeks following richburgs injury. He's been super good though. 

And even though it was limited with the number of passes, he didn't allow a pressure in that Minnesota game either

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, big props to Garland. Major concern after struggling a couple of times in the weeks following richburgs injury. He's been super good though. 

And even though it was limited with the number of passes, he didn't allow a pressure in that Minnesota game either

Yea its absolutely crazy how successful our back-up O-Lineman have been for us. Its unheard of really. 97% of the time you lose a starting O-Lineman, there is a huge drop-off in play. That has not been the case with us this season.

That being said, Garland is going to have his hands full dealing with Chris Jones. He can definitely wreck a gameplan and our interior guys had better be ready.

8 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Looks like the speed difference isn't all that much. Granted, we don't have people to match up against Hill's speed 1-on-1, but the narrative of the Chiefs' offensive weapons' speed being heads and shoulder better than everyone else isn't true.

Yeah NFL app has the top 10 fastest plays by SF and KC players this season. Breida opening td run vs Cleveland was number 1. 

34 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Yea its absolutely crazy how successful our back-up O-Lineman have been for us. Its unheard of really. 97% of the time you lose a starting O-Lineman, there is a huge drop-off in play. That has not been the case with us this season.

That being said, Garland is going to have his hands full dealing with Chris Jones. He can definitely wreck a gameplan and our interior guys had better be ready.

I really feel like our two most important linemen are... not linemen. Kittle and Juice are the true difference makers. But yeah, having all our starters healthy improves our options. Staley still has above average athleticism for an OL, and when he's on the move, he's still yards ahead of others.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

no doubt, chris jones worries me for sure. I am hoping to roll out Garoppolo more this week than we have last year. I think his knee/ankle is bothering him. He has been hit low twice in two weeks. Both games he started strong, got hit low, and then we stopped throwing it. I know part of it was that we were winning and that it was working, but I think there is some smoke there. Would like to get him rolling outside of the pocket early in the game to help him get in rhythm and feel comfortable. 

Everytime I try and write a post here I get too anxious and have to calm myself down. holy **** this is going to be a long two weeks