Divisional: TEN@BAL

Manny/Patrick

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Accurate but unless you’ve got playoff Flacco and one of the GOAT kickers, you’d have to be mile high to believe in such a miracle.🤓😉

Dec/Jan Henry and one of the GOAT punters will have to make due.

Another thing, the Broncos were 9 point favorites for that game. The Ravens, currently 10 point favorites....👀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

From my understanding, @Kirill must be a troll account for a Patriots fan looking to stir up drama and somehow got caught/called out. Though that’s just my assumption. 🤷🏽‍♀️ 🤷‍♂️ 

Ohhhhh, well that would explain some things. I figured he was a  certain Charger fan that was doing the stirring but idk. 

GL this weekend ✌️

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 1

Post from Music City Miracles;

"How to exploit the Baltimore Ravens: Play the odds on run plays. This Baltimore offense is all about chunk plays. Chunk plays on the ground. Chunk plays through the air. All of it. So for opposing defenses, it’s about playing the percentages to best stop Lamar Jackson. Among players with at least 50 designed rushes, per Pro Football Focus, Jackson runs toward the field side at the highest rate in the NFL (59.3 percent of the time) and the boundary side at the lowest rate (25 percent).

Knowing Jackson’s tendency to run toward the field side on designed runs (zone-run plays, read options, etc.), the Titans could stall this top-ranked rushing attack by crashing the defensive end on Mark Ingram (who runs to the opposite side of Jackson) and scraping a linebacker or safety over the top to account for Lamar. It’s going to be tough to stop Jackson on every play, but by playing the odds to the field side on run plays, Tennessee will have a better chance of stalling him."

I'd hate that - I'd never gamble a crash on one side, because a) you could be wrong and go for loads, and b) it wouldn't take long for them to realise what you're doing and draw you in. Wonder if Vrabel would be so aggressive? The accounting for both sides sounds good, but I'd wager you need more resources for LJ than just scraping a LB/S over to him - if everyone else is crashing Ingram.

Edited by Hunter2_1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Post from Music City Miracles;

"How to exploit the Baltimore Ravens: Play the odds on run plays. This Baltimore offense is all about chunk plays. Chunk plays on the ground. Chunk plays through the air. All of it. So for opposing defenses, it’s about playing the percentages to best stop Lamar Jackson. Among players with at least 50 designed rushes, per Pro Football Focus, Jackson runs toward the field side at the highest rate in the NFL (59.3 percent of the time) and the boundary side at the lowest rate (25 percent).

Knowing Jackson’s tendency to run toward the field side on designed runs (zone-run plays, read options, etc.), the Titans could stall this top-ranked rushing attack by crashing the defensive end on Mark Ingram (who runs to the opposite side of Jackson) and scraping a linebacker or safety over the top to account for Lamar. It’s going to be tough to stop Jackson on every play, but by playing the odds to the field side on run plays, Tennessee will have a better chance of stalling him."

I'd hate that - I'd never gamble a crash on one side, because a) you could be wrong and go for loads, and b) it wouldn't take long for them to realise what you're doing and draw you in. Wonder if Vrabel would be so aggressive? The accounting for both sides sounds good, but I'd wager you need more resources for LJ than just scraping a LB/S over to him - if everyone else is crashing Ingram.

I would think between some of the NFL defensive minds that have played the Ravens one of them would have seen this tendency and tried at some point and obviously failed.  I've seen him run short side and embarrass the defender in their tracks. 

Even though he is a capable passer and could win through the air, I don't know how but I'd try to find the best way to make him beat me throwing the ball. 

Play a 4-6 or something..lol   And he likely would throw from 340 yards, but I'd tip my hat to him if he did and call him the next coming of greatness.  lol

The Ravens rushing attack is lethal. We all know they broke the record for most rushing yards by a team in a season with 3296 yards, surpassing the previous record set by the 1978 Patriots (3165 yards).

That Patriots team was upset in the divisional round at home to an Oilers team, led by the big bruising rushing champion Earl Campbell. Sounds familiar....👀

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

The Ravens rushing attack is lethal. We all know they broke the record for most rushing yards by a team in a season with 3296 yards, surpassing the previous record set by the 1978 Patriots (3165 yards).

That Patriots team was upset in the divisional round at home to an Oilers team, led by the big bruising rushing champion Earl Campbell. Sounds familiar....👀

dude STAHHHHP lmao

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

You're trying way too hard.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Not trying hard enough honestly

Nah, y'all gotta let me have these little factoids lol.

I enjoyed it.

Titans-Ravens is a nice throwback rivalry and I like the parallels to teams/matchups of the past.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Yes, very familiar. Those bastiges, Oilers!

16 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Dec/Jan Henry and one of the GOAT punters will have to make due.

Another thing, the Broncos were 9 point favorites for that game. The Ravens, currently 10 point favorites....👀

Last time I looked, HC Harbaugh tried to maximize win probability.   As opposed to then-HC John Fox, who literally did everything to minimize win probability (literally told Peyton Manning to sit on the ball with 35 secs left, 2 TO's and a tie game - to play for OT, and that's just one of the examples).   And the BAL S's are unlikely to pull a Raheem Moore, either.

The way TEN wins - get TO's, an early lead, and keep Lamar & co. off the field.   It's not complicated to see how - just really, really, really hard to do.

Honestly, I have nothing but love for TEN, they've made me a ton of $, but it's hard to forecast an upset here. 

• Like 2