Tom Time

Shady Slim

Brady 2020  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Tom Brady next season is going to...

• Retire
    • Play on for NE
    • Play on for Someone Else (say)

Tom stays in NE or retires. There is zero chance he plays for another team.

IF Tom doesn't come back, it would be of his own accord; New England has nobody to replace him yet. Who out there available is better at QB than Tom Brady?

The narrative of him not coming back to NE next year has been created entirely by the media, and should be regarded as such.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

IF Tom doesn't come back, it would be of his own accord; New England has nobody to replace him yet. Who out there available is better at QB than Tom Brady?

The narrative of him not coming back to NE next year has been created entirely by the media, and should be regarded as such.

That's not entirely true.  The narrative is there BECAUSE he's a free agent.  If both Brady and the Patriots didn't want this narrative to exist, then it wouldn't.  Belichick said yesterday the decision isn't up to one person, it's a group thing and everyone has to come to an agreement.

What Belichick said is more accurate than your post. 

I'm guessing that Brady comes back and I hope he does, but zero chance he plays for another team?  I don't think so.

39 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

No it hasn’t. Adam has talked directly to people in Toms circle. 

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

That's not entirely true.  The narrative is there BECAUSE he's a free agent.  If both Brady and the Patriots didn't want this narrative to exist, then it wouldn't.  Belichick said yesterday the decision isn't up to one person, it's a group thing and everyone has to come to an agreement.

What Belichick said is more accurate than your post. 

I'm guessing that Brady comes back and I hope he does, but zero chance he plays for another team?  I don't think so.

The most likely case for this is because they are on a year to year thing and are playing it as they go. I think it largely depends on how Tom feels. And because of that, if he ends up playing again it will be with NE.

I think there's really only 3 realistic scenarios kinda like the Peyton sweepstakes.

1. Chargers, it's Los Angeles, the franchise has never won a title, would be a perfect post-retirement move and they have a relatively strong team. Plys Super Bowl 2022 is in LA as well.

2. Cowboys, Jerry Jones wants it bad. Do not underestimate an aging owner doing everything he can to win a title. Plus it's a weak division that would have a pretty strong support cast especially great line and running back. Outside of that you do have less taxes on at least 8 of the 16 games which are also in a dome.

3. Patriots, obviously it's the system he knows with Belichick and they just went 12-4, narrowly missing a BYE which probably would have helped extend to a 9th consecutive conference title game (an untouchable record of 8 btw).

And I think all are going to be 2 year deals guaranteed.

I will throw out a long-shot however in the Miami Dolphins. Finished 5-11 but this included beating the Pats and having two 1 point losses. They have the biggest cap space in the league, again tax incentive for at least 8 games, warm climate for at least 8 games (in regular season) and a franchise that hasn't won since 1973. He also had 2 revenge games if you can call it that against his former team every year and can supplant their reign atop the division. But I think free agency is more of a crapshoot than having established talent on the team while his post-retirement TB12 brand is coming to Miami it's not as lucrative as LA. I also have to compare their situation to the Chargers & Boys where I don't see them legitimately being more of a sell for Brady.

I think retirement is the least likely outcome for 2 main reasons:

1. Guy can still play, especially with a stronger support cast and run game.

2. He's not going out on a WC loss with his last pass being a pick six.

2 hours ago, x0x said:

I think there's really only 3 realistic scenarios kinda like the Peyton sweepstakes.

1. Chargers, it's Los Angeles, the franchise has never won a title, would be a perfect post-retirement move and they have a relatively strong team. Plys Super Bowl 2022 is in LA as well.

2. Cowboys, Jerry Jones wants it bad. Do not underestimate an aging owner doing everything he can to win a title. Plus it's a weak division that would have a pretty strong support cast especially great line and running back. Outside of that you do have less taxes on at least 8 of the 16 games which are also in a dome.

3. Patriots, obviously it's the system he knows with Belichick and they just went 12-4, narrowly missing a BYE which probably would have helped extend to a 9th consecutive conference title game (an untouchable record of 8 btw).

I will throw out a long-shot however in the Miami Dolphins. Finished 5-11 but this included beating the Pats and having two 1 point losses. They have the biggest cap space in the league, again tax incentive for at least 8 games, warm climate for at least 8 games (in regular season) and a franchise that hasn't won since 1973. He also had 2 revenge games if you can call it that against his former team every year and can supplant their reign atop the division. But I think free agency is more of a crapshoot than having established talent on the team while his post-retirement TB12 brand is coming to Miami it's not as lucrative as LA. I also have to compare their situation to the Chargers & Boys where I don't see them legitimately being more of a sell for Brady.

I like it. Tom would kick *** with that cowboys team. The line, the receivers, not sure about the TE returning though. No kidding., that scenario could have legs.

On 1/4/2020 at 11:51 PM, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I think he’s back in New England with some real wide receivers and easily wins a weak division again (barring Josh Allen developing, but I think that Bills loss will sting for a bit). Game manager Brady is still substantially better than the Mason Rudolph types that show up out of the dung heap and start football games.

Im old enough to remember when the Patriots has Demaryius Thomas, Antonio Brown, Julien Edelmen and Josh Gordon on their roster

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:
8 hours ago, x0x said:

I like it. Tom would kick *** with that cowboys team. The line, the receivers, not sure about the TE returning though. No kidding., that scenario could have legs

Not only is Dak better than Brady at this point in their careers, the Cowboys are about to make him (near) the highest paid QB in the NFL. Any thought that we would go after Brady is absurd imo.