4 Round Post Wilcard Mock With Comp Picks

goldfishwars

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

You had me at Joe.

Seriously though, looks good. I will say though that the center position isn't likely to be on our radar after resigning Trey Hopkins to a new deal just a few weeks ago. He's locked into a starting role. Does Hanson have versatility to play elsewhere on the interior, or is he best suited at center? If not, I can see us dipping into the LB or OG pool.

I don't think Hopkins precludes the Bengals from taking a center for a few reasons.  First, most rookie centers start out at guard for a year or two.  Hanson could play guard and then eventually slide inside.  Not to mention Hopkins also has plenty of experience at guard as well.  Secondly, Hopkins is only on a 3 year deal and it wouldn't be too much of an issue cut if there is a dropoff in play.  Lastly, having another backup center makes Price expendable after 2020.

• Like 1

From Seattle perspective, I like the positional haul. Double dip on the OL is needed IMO. Fluker-Iupati-Britt are all on their way out of the league [Age ; injuries] so an injection of youth and talent would be great. 

My one issue is Delprit. Sounds like a carbon copy of 2019 2nd Rounder Marquis Blair. If Seattle does take a safety, it will probably be one that profiles as a single high free. Diggs is locked into that position for 2020, but it would be nice to have an heir apparent; especially considering his injury history. 

Don't know if Seattle would take a boundary corner that high (That is roughly the spot they took Shaq). I wouldn't mind a competition for Tre Flowers though. Looking more and more like a poor mans Brandon Browner. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

30. Green Bay - Josh Jones [ OT ] Houston

Fits a need, but I don't think value is there.  He's listed as the 74th best prospect according to Draft Breakdown, so that'd be a massive reach.  A couple of other OTs seem to be better value.  Neville Gallimore is also a possibility here.

9 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

62. Green Bay  - Tyler Johnson [ WR ] Minnesota

Meh.  Not a bad pick, but not a great pick.  Works I guess.  Could also opt to grab their TE of choice here.

9 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

94. Green Bay   Benito Jones [ IDL ] Mississppi

DPJ would probably be hard to pass over.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Fits a need, but I don't think value is there.  He's listed as the 74th best prospect according to Draft Breakdown, so that'd be a massive reach.  A couple of other OTs seem to be better value.  Neville Gallimore is also a possibility here.

Meh.  Not a bad pick, but not a great pick.  Works I guess.  Could also opt to grab their TE of choice here.

DPJ would probably be hard to pass over.

After the first round OT I’d prefer to do this.

2nd - Hopkins - TE

3rd - DL/LB

4th - Cephus - WR

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Fits a need, but I don't think value is there.  He's listed as the 74th best prospect according to Draft Breakdown, so that'd be a massive reach. 

He'll be a first round pick come draft, that site seems to be late on him or not considering his athletic potential. 

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't think Hopkins precludes the Bengals from taking a center for a few reasons.  First, most rookie centers start out at guard for a year or two.  Hanson could play guard and then eventually slide inside.  Not to mention Hopkins also has plenty of experience at guard as well.  Secondly, Hopkins is only on a 3 year deal and it wouldn't be too much of an issue cut if there is a dropoff in play.  Lastly, having another backup center makes Price expendable after 2020.

In the end I'm open to taking any position/prospect that provides us the most value on any given pick. If that happens to be center, so be it. 

Few quick thoughts.

14. Tampa Bay - Mekhi Becton [ OT ] Louisville Probably does not deserve to be picked this high but teams will be desperate for OT talent and he is one of the few around

15. Denver - Tyler Biadasz [ IOL ] Wisconsin Why would the Jets pass on him?

30. Green Bay - Josh Jones [ OT ] Houston Does not deserve to be a 1st rounder but with the OT needs he will jump up to early 2nd or late 1st I agree

43. Chicago (From Las Vegas) - Joshua Uche [ EDGE ] Michigan I agree he could go this high

45. Tampa Bay  - Jacob Eason [ QB ] Washington I would be shocked a arm talent like him drops out of the 1st round

67. Detroit   Marlon Davidson [ EDGE ] Auburn He will get picked higher than this I feel

80. Las Vegas   Jordyn Brooks [ LB ] Texas Tech You really like him that much?  Showed talent as a young player but has never had a big sack real really and has never been wildly productive.  I would be surprised if he is picked this high

83. Denver (From Pittsburgh)  Michael Ojemudia [ CB ] Iowa I am not a huge fan of him, athletically he is kind of slow, big strong corner but might struggle at the next level because of lack of high end speed

94. Green Bay   Benito Jones [ IDL ] Mississppi Bit of a reach for him, a few other DTs are much better than him.  Bravvion Roy and Davon Hamilton being two of them not to mention Robert Landers.

95. Denver (From San Francisco)  Najee Harris [ RB ] Alabama With the season he has had no way he drops this far, kid is a beast and if Derrick Henry can succeed in the NFL so can Najee who is arguably quicker and more overall athletic.  But he might return to school also.

103. Philadelphia (Compensatory Pick)  Shyheim Carter [ S ] Alabama I still do not see it, Levi Wallace on Bama could play as a UDFA, Shyheim Carter never made as many plays Wallace did on the field who is now a starter on the Bills.  

112. Cleveland   Jacob Phillips [ LB ] LSU I would be surprised if he declares honestly, has not had a great season really

115. Denver   Robert Windsor [ IDL ] Penn State I agree around this range, some team is going to love his effort as a inside pass rusher

117. NY Jets   Darnay Holmes [ CB ] UCLA Based on CB needs maybe he goes this high but it is mostly on potential and the need for CBs not so much his quality play

118. Las Vegas   Jonah Jackson [ IOL ] Ohio State How would the best guard in the draft fall this far?  Only guy I have rated over him is Trey Smith and it is not by much

119. Indianapolis   Chuba Hubbard [ RB ] Oklahoma State You think he comes out?  I doubt it but would be a steal for some team if he does

124. Philadelphia   Nick Coe [ EDGE ] Auburn Not sure he goes this high after having such a down year, super talented but not sure what this year was all about for him

126. Baltimore (From New England)  Malik Harrison [ LB ] Ohio State Why would be be drafted this low

134. Denver (From San Francisco)  David Woodward [ LB ] Utah State Must not like ILBs with Weaver, Fisher and Woodward all going this low.
135. Baltimore   Lynn Bowden [ WR ] Kentucky There is no way he falls to the 4th round, he is a 2nd rounder all the way if not late 1st.  Kid is arguably the best special teams player in the draft as a return man and is physically tougher than any other WR in the draft as well

138. Minnesota (Compensatory Pick)  Joe Gaziano [ EDGE ] Northwestern U Production wise he should go higher but I have him around this same range

142. Miami (Compensatory Pick)  Collin Johnson [ WR ] Texas In such a deep WR class yeah he could fall like a rock, did not have a great season and many other receivers out played him greatly this year

It will be nice when all declare and the order is right, the constant editing is getting to be a paid in the butt no question.  Always taking guys out and adding guys into the drafts...

Edited by Ozzy

New England

23. K'Lavon Chaisson [ EDGE ] LSU  --- Thank You
87. Devin Duvernay [ WR ] Texas    -----    Jared Pinkney [ TE ] --- I would go with the better blocker, there about equal on the catch
97. Antoine Brooks [ S ] Maryland  -----  Fits perfect, Nice choice
99. Cole Van Lanen [ OT ] Wisconsin  ----- Wisconsin OL , enough said !
115. Colby Parkinson [ TE ] Stanford -----  Quartney Davis [ WR ]  ---- I'm  sure you gave us Davis in a earlier draft.

Thanks Santa.  Nice Job :D

Another note for ya Gold. (For Seattle)

Read a bit about Cameron Dantlzer. Size is there, but it sounds like he is timid/not interested in helping against the run. That is a big no-no in Petes world. Seattle CB's are always solid in run support. Say what you will about Shaq and Tre, they both get involved around the LOS a lot. 

This size thingy is a bit overblown THB. Shaq Griffin is the highest CB PCJS has taken. Guy is barely 5'11.

• Like 1