Matt Rhule to become Carolina Panthers next Head Coach

deltarich87

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats a lot of speculation on your part based on some random media tweets. 

I mean if you don't want to believe it fine. Look at what pretty much everyone with sources in the know have said prior to the hire.

I'm not buying the "he was ONE of their top guys, not their only guy," post hire.

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Garrett is one of the reasons we have McClay. Garrett is the one who changed our drafting philosophy. Or do you forget hearing "RKG" about 400 million times as he rebuilt our entire roster?

You act like Garrett wasnt the HC overseeing the drafting and developing of virtually everyone on our roster.

I don't know how much Garrett was or was not involved with their talent base, but if grinding tape and player development are his strengths, he should move to a director of scouting role not vy for a coaching one.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

McClay has been off and on involved with the Cowboys since the 90's. He wasnt promoted in the draft room until Jason was HC. Ive literally been in a room with the two of them and have heard McClay credit Jason for expanding his role and setting a clear direction for the franchise.

You act like Jasons dad wasnt a scout... 

Oh yea, was he "on" with the COwboys from Michigan, Cali, Florida? Sure, sure he was. 

No he came here of his own accord cause this is where his family is. Near mostly the Houston area, he wanted to work in the NFL so when he got offered to come and coach in the AFL he took it. 

Just now, Teen Girl Squad said:

I don't know how much Garrett was or was not involved with their talent base, but if grinding tape and player development are his strengths, he should move to a director of scouting role not vy for a coaching one.

Most Cowboys fans agree. Almost all of us were hoping he would transition into the front office. He has a lot of strengths, game planning/game day coaching arent them though. 

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

None of that has happened. You still refuse to read and face facts. 

Matts, you did it for the last 6 years ok. Nothing has ever been Garrett's fault with you. The blame from you has always been pointed at the players or other coaches. Rarely any of it has ever landed on Garrett. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Most Cowboys fans agree. Almost all of us were hoping he would transition into the front office. He has a lot of strengths, game planning/game day coaching arent them though. 

I feel like the best thing the Cowboys could do would just be hire like 20 layers of middle management between Jerry Jones and the guy who actually walks the draft pick card up to the commissioner. That way when Jerry loses his mind and tries to do something crazy, they can just be like "oh well Jason Garrett forwarded your e-mail to draft Johnny Manziel on to Jeff Fisher, but you know how Jeff is with e-mails, so it looks like it got lost".

Basically I'm just saying that Jerry should just build a prison of red tape around himself.

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Matts, you did it for the last 6 years ok. Nothing has ever been Garrett's fault with you. The blame from you has always been pointed at the players or other coaches. Rarely any of it has ever landed on Garrett. 

False. I just dont run around screaming "OMG ITS ALL JASONS/JERRY/DAKS FAULT" like a lot of our fanbase. 

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I feel like the best thing the Cowboys could do would just be hire like 20 layers of middle management between Jerry Jones and the guy who actually walks the draft pick card up to the commissioner. That way when Jerry loses his mind and tries to do something crazy, they can just be like "oh well Jason Garrett forwarded your e-mail to draft Johnny Manziel on to Jeff Fisher, but you know how Jeff is with e-mails, so it looks like it got lost".

Basically I'm just saying that Jerry should just build a prison of red tape around himself.

This post is ridiculous. The Cowboys are without question one of the best drafting teams in the NFL the past 10 years. We need to keep drafting exactly how we have been. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He could try it but he will probably trade his new red tape for the old faded yellow tape that falls apart and can't really do it's job at a high level anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

False. I just run around screaming "OMG ITS EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT"

Sounds accurate. 

But w/e this is over and done with now. Hopefully MM is more open minded then he was in GB with a year off and ready to take on the ideas of what Moore can bring to our organization.