Who do you want as head coach?

CBrownsman

Who do you want to be head coach?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best choice of who we will interview/have interviewed?

2. 2. Who is the worst choice?

• Greg Roman
    • Brian Daboll
    • Robert Saleh
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • Jim Schwartz
    • Kevin Stefanski
    • Josh McDaniels

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

This would give me a stiffy

We cannot risk hiring Mike McDaniel and having him relapse in his alcoholism as he's had issues as recent as a year ago that stretch and go back years. Pressures of being an OC in a place you use to go on benders at is not a good combination.

It has to be Mike LaFleur.

And if it is, the best thing that would do is solidify and guarantee that Kevin Stefanski goes the way of the Gary Kubiak outside zone, heavy play-action offense.

And that would be a real win. 

Mike LaFleur would be a huge win as he'll be one of the top HC candidates in 2 years.

Edited by Mind Character

3 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Yeaahhh so what would you say about O'Connell going to LA? He wouldn't take over playcalling for McVey, right? Thought a report from Breer suggested that he'd *been* out there interviewing. The timing suggests correlation but perhaps Josh just couldn't give him a better offer than Sean.

I'd say what I said yesterday when sdraw pointed that out to me (below)

11 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I was wrong. My bad.

Misread that he finalized the contract with Washington.

O'Connell has been connected to McDaniels via connect the dots. Given the surprising nature of Boy Blunder's previous coaching hires, his OC top choice may have been someone else anyway. 

We shall see.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

We cannot risk hiring Mike McDaniel and having him relapse in his alcoholism as he's had issues as recent as a year ago that stretch and go back years. Pressures of being an OC in a place you use to go on benders at is not a good combination.

It has to be Mike LaFleur.

And if it is, the best thing that would do is solidify and guarantee that Kevin Stefanski goes the way of the Gary Kubiak outside zone, heavy play-action offense.

And that would be a real win. 

Mike LaFleur would be a huge win as he'll be one of the top HC candidates in 2 years.

I mean, if McDaniels relapses it’s not like Stefanski can’t call plays.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, if McDaniels relapses it’s not like Stefanski can’t call plays.

Would be more instability. 

Don't know when it will occur.

With this hire along with the coaching staff, why take the risks?

There's no reason gamble on it.

With the Browns, anything bad that can happen will. I respect that McDaniel has taken his sobriety seriously, but a return to Cleveland at this time shouldn't be in the offing.

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Would be more instability. 

Don't know when it will occur.

With this hire along with the coaching staff, why take the risks?

There's no reason gamble on it.

With the Browns, anything bad that can happen will. I respect that McDaniel has taken his sobriety seriously, but a return to Cleveland at this time shouldn't be in the offing.

Don't think Haslam would bite after dealing with Josh Gordon and Antonio Callaway. Substance abuse has plagued this team when taking a chance on it in the past unfortunately. Still intrigued, though. Perhaps they do get LeFleur, in which case I think I would be pretty optimistic

• Like 1

If it wasn't McDaniels you would have gotten indication that McDaniels withdraws from the Cleveland search and returns to NE.  We haven't gotten that yet.  My "reading of the tea leaves" is McDaniels is the HC and they are waiting to tell Stefanski or Saleh until after the game so they don't have other things on their mind during the game.  IE being a professional organization for once.

5 minutes ago, BooyaCS09 said:

If it wasn't McDaniels you would have gotten indication that McDaniels withdraws from the Cleveland search and returns to NE.  We haven't gotten that yet.  My "reading of the tea leaves" is McDaniels is the HC and they are waiting to tell Stefanski or Saleh until after the game so they don't have other things on their mind during the game.  IE being a professional organization for once.

If anything wouldn’t it be the opposite 

if they’re not the guy let them know asap so they can focus on the game 

• Like 1

Just now, MistaBohmbastic said:

It does make sense for Haslam to wait til after the games to leak HC, out of respect to the other teams. However, he could prove his pettiness and leak it while Greg Roman is playing

I would only wait for the Vikings and SF games to be respectful.  In the middle of the Baltiwhore game Leak it so it is national news and maybe appears on the scoreboard... Cause yes F the Rats.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

If anything wouldn’t it be the opposite 

if they’re not the guy let them know asap so they can focus on the game 

See Josh was the last guy to go on Friday.  Stories are coming out on how Bill B kinda screwed him by not letting him move up his interviews.  So the Browns are the last team standing.  Also if you are prepping for a big game or big x at your job and while you applied for a promotion you are still working on your job.  Would you want to know prior to your big engagement that you didn't get the promotion?  Emotions can take over and you could be degected etc.  Or would you rather go through the large engagement then find out you didn't get it?  

• Like 1