The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

13 hours ago, CBears019 said:

@RunningVaccs i think I’ve come up with some drinking game rules for tonight:

- Every time someone mentions the phrase “these uncertain/unprecedented/etc. times”

- Every time they show a GMs homemade war room setup

- Every time they show Trubisky being drafted in 2017 or mention it (finish your beer)

- Every time there’s a technical error due to the new setup

- Every time a family member appears in the screen of someone broadcasting from home (Goodell, analysts, GMs, etc)

Im sure there’s other appropriate rules that I’m not coming up with right now.

I'm pretty sure you're violating forum rules about not trying to kill another poster, but bravo anyway!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Zopound said:

I think you stay at 43 and take one of Jones/Diggs/Mims/Winfield and then trade back at 50,, gain a 4th and maybe still even get one of those 4 listed at 55-60

Not sure I want a 5’9 safety or a safety at all in 2nd.  We need offensive players - playmakers and physical linemen.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Not sure I want a 5’9 safety or a safety at all in 2nd.  We need offensive players - playmakers and physical linemen.  

I agree in theory, as I think Pace will go CB/WR with his two first picks, Winfield is set up perfectly to be an upper echelon S at the next level. I think he far surpasses Budda Baker who made the pro bowl. You’re talking the Bears having the best S duo(on paper) in the NFL. After the Craig Steltz and Chris Conte days, sign me up 👍

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I agree, though I really would love to see a few of these safeties in a bears uniform it just isn't as high a priority. 

I might try throwing one of our later picks to grab Jones (the trade price earlier seemed low)  then forcing myself to trade back. Jones is my top target right now. 

Edited by Sugashane

1 minute ago, Zopound said:

I agree in theory, as I think Pace will go CB/WR with his two first picks, Winfield is set up perfectly to be an upper echelon S at the next level. I think he far surpasses Budda Baker who made the pro bowl. You’re talking the Bears having the best S duo(on paper) in the NFL. After the Craig Steltz and Chris Conte days, sign me up 👍

Wow you just gave me some pretty rough flashbacks.  I’d totally forgotten about Steltz.

9 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Let’s say picks 33-42 do not go the Bears way at all.  How would you guys feel about drafting AJ Epenesa?

Like him quite a bit (see I don’t hate all of Iowa football) and I’d be fine with it but I can’t see Pace taking an EDGE that high after the Quinn signing and given our limited resources. His presence at 43 may make for an easier trade down if we want to go that route though. Can see ATL possibly wanting to jump up a few picks for the pass rusher after taking the corner in round 1. That’d only be a 4-pick trade down and would keep us in range for basically our whole remaining 2nd round board. 

• Like 2

There is definitely going to be some DB talent at 43. 

I am still a member of #TradeBackNation but Delpit, Diggs, Johnson, and Winfield could all have Day 1 impact. 

But I wonder if we make the pick at 43 if that weakens our position to trade back at 50. 

All in all I would say the first round went spectacularly well for the Bears. Should be able to get a difference maker, trade back, or both. I am most upset about the Raiders taking my guy Arnette (with our pick, nonetheless).

• Like 1