The Search for a GM

zelbell

makes the most sense. 

only thing I truly like about these hires is for once we are all on the same sentence in the book. Seems like in the past we weren’t even on the same page. Hell with Hue, we weren’t even sure he could read the cover of the book

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

makes the most sense. 

only thing I truly like about these hires is for once we are all on the same sentence in the book. Seems like in the past we weren’t even on the same page. Hell with Hue, we weren’t even sure he could read the cover of the book

4 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Hearing Berry is already a done deal.

80-post_58290_stop_my_penis_can_only_get 

• Like 2

One thing about Andrew Berry and/or our front office the first time that people seem to forget.

The first year we drafted Carl Nassib and Emmanuel Ogbah as 34-DEs and Joe Schobert as a 34-ILB/OLB.

I've said it multiple times then and after that those decisions made no sense as none of those players at those positions were scheme fits.

Nassib was a wide-9, 43-Rush end; Ogbah 43-DE, and Schobert a 43-LB.

They were thrown out in those positions and they all struggled. They all then thrived after the scheme change.

Who knows who was responsible for those decisions, but that always worried me as being indicative of a core misunderstanding of player-fit.

By all accounts, Andrew Berry is a bright and talented evaluator, but he's not the first choice I'd paire with Stefanski if we can help it.

Ed Dodds still for the win

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

One thing about Andrew Berry and/or our front office the first time that people seem to forget.

The first year we drafted Carl Nassib and Emmanuel Ogbah as 34-DEs and Joe Schobert as a 34-ILB/OLB.

I've said it multiple times then and after that those decisions made no sense as none of those players at those positions were scheme fits.

They were thrown out in those positions and they all struggled. They all then thrived after the scheme change.

Who knows who was responsible for those decisions, but that always worried me as being indicative of a core misunderstanding of player-fit.

By all accounts, Andrew Berry is a bright and talented evaluator, but he's not the first choice I'd paire with Stefanski if we can help it.

Yeah I want Dodds over berry pretty easily. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If it’s Berry, he can trade as much as he wants. Just get me 2 OT’s.

It's within our grasps to have 2 picks fall into our laps that will give us long-term quality solutions.

Doubling down in Free Agency at Guard will help solidify the OLine a ton.

1st Round: Jedrick Wills Jr., RT Alabama // Tristan Wirfs, OG/OT Iowa // Netane Muti, LT/OC/OG Fresno State

2nd Round (OR Via Trade-Up): Mekhi Becton, RT Lousville  // Prince Tega-Wanogho, LT Auburn // Jack Driscoll, RT Auburn

One thing about losing Dorsey and hiring an unproven Head Coach is we may have to go back to overpaying for talent to get them here during Free Agency.

It felt like with Dorsey and the talent he acquired we were starting to become a potential preferred free Agency option.

I do think the Berry hire breathes new life into Joe Schobert and David Njoku and maybe even Rashard Higgins (on a team-friendly deal).

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

One thing about losing Dorsey and hiring an unproven Head Coach is we may have to go back to overpaying for talent to get them here during Free Agency.

It felt like with Dorsey and the talent he acquired we were starting to become a potential preferred free Agency option.

I do think the Berry hire breathes new life into Joe Schobert and David Njoku and maybe even Rashard Higgins (on a team-friendly deal).

as long as we resign Schobert and Randall I'm happy....Higgins would be fine but there's s bunch of WR talent in this draft so replacing him with a draft pick might be smart

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

All of those guys are better talents than what Dorsey has selected at the same draft positions, excluding Nick chubb and Greedy is tbd. They drafted talent, not a position, I wonder if thye were not expecting Ray Horton to last long on his second time at the rodeo. 

They also did better because they were talented. 

I never ever want to go back to the 3-4 again. If I would of guessed I would of said Aaron Donald is a better 4-3 than 3-4 guy, he won DPOY  as a 3-4 DE because the scheme fit the, not the players fitting he scheme. Obvisouly you need sound scheme also, like i want us to build a zone blocking oline, but Stephanski is quoted as saying think players not plays. 

Too many of our coaches, Horton and Wilks think scheme not players. 

• Like 2