The Search for a GM

zelbell

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Still sort of wondering why Elliot Wolf hasnt even been considered. Hes already in the organization and was very highly regarded coming over from GB.

I mean, was he highly regarded or just a known name?

They passed him over in GB and here as well.  

Idk, just wondering...

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

That's true. Must be a reason.

Have heard from a few different posters on here and beat reporters that Wolf is a bit of an oddball personality and definitely not a typical leadership personality. More suited to being a pro-personnel or scouting department coordinator than a full GM.

I'd be happy with Paton or Berry, but probably prefer Paton. More experience in general, experience drafting for the HC's preferred offensive system, relationships with a bunch of the coaching assistants, and has turned down numerous job offers in the past. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’m curious why Depo doesn’t want to a defacto GM? Just get some guys who’s good at scouting to serve as a underlying.

if he was to take on that kind of position, means he would have to live in Cleveland full time.

10 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Dustin is a hack. He’s still so salty his canton boy didn’t get the job. That was his only way to get a source on the inside. 

well yeah, he isnt a beat writer, so to get a good source like that would be gold. Any sports talk personality would kill for that, especially when the source is connected to the HC

9 hours ago, Mind Character said:

One team missed on Laquon Treadwell, the other Corey Coleman....

I think WR might be the hardest position to draft in the NFL. So many WR1 and WR2 flop while the mid round guys flourish. I feel like at the top you fall in love with the raw ability but in the later rounds you tend to take guys who might fit the offense better. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we do hire Paton over Berry, it's neither something to get excited about nor something to be upset about

I think it can be something o be excited about. I think doing so, we finally get the GM and HC on the same playing field, working hand in hand.

Dorsey wanted the power over freddie

Hue wanted the power/glory over sashi

Farmar was over his head and was worried about making ppl happy instead of taking the players he likes.

Lombardi and Banner punted the coaching search when they failed to get chip.

Shurmur and Heckert, they might have had a good relationship

Mangini got Kokinis fired within months

I think Romeo and Savage worked pretty well with one another and our best season record wise was under them

Paton and Stef might have the best relationship personal and business than we have seen prolly since the return

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think it can be something o be excited about. I think doing so, we finally get the GM and HC on the same playing field, working hand in hand.

Dorsey wanted the power over freddie

Hue wanted the power/glory over sashi

Farmar was over his head and was worried about making ppl happy instead of taking the players he likes.

Lombardi and Banner punted the coaching search when they failed to get chip.

Shurmur and Heckert, they might have had a good relationship

Mangini got Kokinis fired within months

I think Romeo and Savage worked pretty well with one another and our best season record wise was under them

Paton and Stef might have the best relationship personal and business than we have seen prolly since the return

No I get that, but I think that would have been the case with whoever they picked this go around and Haslam finally grasped that these folks need to be put in a position where they work together and see things similarly.

I think Berry and Stefanski would have been fine too.

I think Paton is the superior hire at this point in time due to his experience and relationship with Stefanski though, but I think either would have been good.  

Good situation to be in for once.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Schudel for the win! GREAT tweet.....

Eh, it’s an exercise in stupidity to hold guys accountable for not only who they pick, but who they pass on, Berry or otherwise.

We also have no idea what Berry’s thoughts on any of those guys were, maybe he loved them, maybe not, but it’s presumptive.

Not sure what’s great about the tweet tbh?

• Like 2