The Search for a GM

zelbell

3 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

They have.  They have Wolf and Highsmith and guys at the senior bowl.  the GM always takes input from others.  They might not be 100% in sync at first but they won't be clueless either.

I know, as have Berry, Paton, and everyone else.

Fans seem to get worked up about this like the professionals aren’t aware of the Senior Bowl or it’s significance.

They’ll be ok.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I know, as have Berry, Paton, and everyone else.

Fans seem to get worked up about this like the professionals aren’t aware of the Senior Bowl or it’s significance.

They’ll be ok.

That’s all true but it’s not the best thing to be missing. He is missing chances to talk with guys that he might not have a chance to talk to later on. Just hope that him missing the senior bowl stuff means he is signing here tho

21 minutes ago, buno67 said:

That’s all true but it’s not the best thing to be missing. He is missing chances to talk with guys that he might not have a chance to talk to later on. Just hope that him missing the senior bowl stuff means he is signing here tho

If it’s Paton, he’s probably talking to guys already

Not only have all signs pointed to Paton, he's already been hired, but it won't be announced until tomorrow am with the presser forthcoming as well.

He's already informed at least 2 Vikings personnel members.

Solid hire.

Hope it works out.

Nerds lost.

Andrew Berry ... the dream of money-ball trade-downs forever is no more...

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Not only have all signs pointed to Paton, he's already been hired, but it won't be announced until tomorrow am with the presser forthcoming as well.

He's already informed at least 2 Vikings personnel members.

Solid hire.

Hope it works out.

Nerds lost.

Andrew Berry ... the dream of money-ball trade-downs forever is no more...

i swear if youre f'n with me

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s a football guy who appreciates the ways of the nerd.

Looking at Minny's drafting tendencies, it sure seems like it's being done by a department who gets the scouting/analytics benefiting each other relationship for sure.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

At no point in this process have the nerds lost. The nerds just haven't made the decisions people expected from them beforehand with limited information available.

I was actually joking man... lol

... hence the feigned sadness over the "lost",  " ... dream of money-ball trade-downs forever is no more ..." as money-ball, trade-down forever is and has always been a mischaracterization of Paul DePodesta and Andrew Berry based in non-reality and misunderstanding of what analytics and their approach entails.

Everyone's talk of Associated with analytics = Nerd; Not associated with analytics = Meathead has been a joy to watch for years.

Just having a little fun saying goodbye to the "Nerd" Prince Andrew Berry.

A sad day for the Nerds.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2

i honestly wanted paton more than berry tbh.  not saying berry couldn't have been aligned (as berry voted for stefanski last year during the search).  i just want the goddamn hc and gm to be on the same page.  i think analytics may be more important for us on the coaching side anyways right now as we already have a solid roster and just need to optimize talent to go from 6-10 to 10-6.  

obviously an analytic equation to give us good players would be good but lets be real at the end of the day if you take big athletic people with good character and good work ethic usually u get good players as long as your coaches can coach em up adn put em in good position

additionally, paton may also like the analytics as well

Edited by mistakey
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

At no point in this process have the nerds lost. The nerds just haven't made the decisions people expected from them beforehand with limited information available.

Exactly. I can’t lie I’m loving “the process”! We may finally have a good shot at winning. 

But as always, we’ll see.