The Search for a GM

zelbell

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The only intriguing thing about Saleh is the idea of us stealing from the 49ers coaching staff and personnel.

Intriguing? Yes... Meaningful? No.

Coordinators leave. Head Coaches stay. 

If the best thing about hiring a head coach is the coordinators they'll bring, then we're f*cked.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The only intriguing thing about Saleh is the idea of us stealing from the 49ers coaching staff and personnel.

It's the whole Bellichick thing though. How in the world do we know who is actually good on the offensive side of the ball and who is riding the coattails of Shanahan's genius? And on the defensive side, I'd assume Saleh would think Saleh is the key guy to have, but most of their fans attribute his success this year to improved personnel and their new DL coach. Soooooo, what is he bringing with?

I'm all about the idea that HC and OC/DC are different skill sets and not everyone has both. But hiring someone who's already not great as a DC/OC to be a HC makes me nervous. I could be wrong. But it makes me nervous.

35 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

So looks like we shouldn’t read to much into these GM interview now that they are asking about a DaBoll guy as well

Saleh interviewed on the 4th; Daboll interviewed on the 6th.

Assuming that they are in the running, it makes sense that we'd here about interview request for their GM candidates before we'd here about the GM candidates for head coaching candidates that interviewed later in the process (Stefanski & McDaniels).

Both Ed Dodd and Joe Schoen names are available because their teams are not currently in the playoffs.

Assuming Stefanski's still in it, we may hear about his GM candidate(s) being requested for interview after the Vikings play today. That would especially be true if his primary candidate is George Paton.

What it all likely means is 2 things:

1.) That we'll likely hear about their requests to interview the GM candidates on current playoff teams Sunday or Monday.

2.) The final decision on the coaching search may not come until even beyond Monday.

-