Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

Just now, TENINCH said:

I think it's smarter to move on from him. He's already 29 and has had a couple good seasons but we already have a safety about the same age still playing at an all pro level.

Seems like a baffling move to have franchised Harris in the first place if the return isn’t a day two pick and there was little hope on an extension. The Vikes lose a lot of trade leverage unless they are okay with letting him play on a one year deal. 

Otherwise, that’s much needed cap space that could have gone towards a quality CB or Griffen. 

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Seems like a baffling move to have franchised Harris in the first place if the return isn’t a day two pick and there was little hope on an extension. The Vikes lose a lot of trade leverage unless they are okay with letting him play on a one year deal. 

Otherwise, that’s much needed cap space that could have gone towards a quality CB or Griffen. 

I understand the quality CB but Griffen is near the end of his career. No reason to pay him either. If the Vikings get a 4th rounder for Harris I'm perfectly fine.

15 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Even with the Harris franchise, they made moves that would have allowed them to sign a FA corner if they wanted to.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 9:21 AM, SemperFeist said:

Gunning for that 3T spot!

Holy crap, wasn't he around 250 last year?  If most of that is muscle great, if it is out of weight/shape fat that is a totally different story.

But yeah would be sweet if that is mostly muscle, he played well in the preseason last year I thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Holy crap, wasn't he around 250 last year?  If most of that is muscle great, if it is out of weight/shape fat that is a totally different story.

If he was really out of shape, he'd go down as the stupidest player on the team for posting himself on a scale and essentially saying "Yup, I'm out of shape!!!"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

So that screams of the Iloka situation, where they'll bring him in last second.  

Would be a smart pickup. I think you’d see Kirkpatrick start at LCB in Waynes spot. Hill probably battles it out with a rookie at RCB and maybe Hughes is asked to play slot (and maybe boundary in 2 CB sets). Boyd and another rookie would be the backups. 

4 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

If he was really out of shape, he'd go down as the stupidest player on the team for posting himself on a scale and essentially saying "Yup, I'm out of shape!!!"

You have seen how some athletes look like after they have some down time.  This was Shawn Kemp after the NBA lockout.  Just ballooned up in weight, and he is arguably one of the greatest athletes to ever play in the NBA for a big dude when he was young.  

DNZ-oVmX4AEGrpw.jpg

Sure maybe all NFL players are keeping up their conditioning in this pandemic time but who knows.  Absolutely do not have coaches and trainers on them like they usually do.  Hopefully Hercules did not lose quickness with that weight but would be hard if one cannot get on the practice field and condition during practical drills.  

31 minutes ago, HeydudemanG said:

It's hard for us to sign anybody until after the draft and we can't cut who we have until Jun 22nd so we're in limbo and going to get the best people available at those times.

in theory, we can still resined the tag, if we wanted to, tho I'm by no mean's advocating for that option

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

You have seen how some athletes look like after they have some down time.  This was Shawn Kemp after the NBA lockout.  Just ballooned up in weight, and he is arguably one of the greatest athletes to ever play in the NBA for a big dude when he was young.  

DNZ-oVmX4AEGrpw.jpg

Sure maybe all NFL players are keeping up their conditioning in this pandemic time but who knows.  Absolutely do not have coaches and trainers on them like they usually do.  Hopefully Hercules did not lose quickness with that weight but would be hard if one cannot get on the practice field and condition during practical drills.  

You'd think that Kemp would have kept himself in shape with all those children he had.

I read this article about the idea of switching to a 4-3 under since Capers is here to help Zim. Vikings right now are built better for this style of defense. Of course, it can change via the draft or resigning Everson

It may be that the Vikings go with a 4-3 Under Front as their base defense, rather than a 4-3 Over Front Zimmer has used in the past, and use more Cover-3 on the back end. This is the defense that Pete Carroll made famous with the Seahawks 

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2020/4/9/21198301/vikings-going-back-to-the-future-on-defense

Edited by dc_vikingfan