Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

🤦🏼‍♂️ 

Haslam didn’t have the guts to turn the team over to mcdaniels et al. Browns will continue to suffer from fractured front offices and Jimmy meddling. Browns still suck.

Browns needed absolutely no part of McDaniels. Nada. Zilch. Zippo. Would have been a disaster waiting to happen. And we wouldn't have to wait for long...

This is unironically a good hire. If it crashes and burns to the ground, that says more about the Browns ownership than anything else. I wanted my Atlanta Falcons to fire Dan Quinn and immediately hire Stefanski because I think he's a bright offensive mind and that's what we needed. And well, you know how that one went.

Every single 49ers fan I've met irl hated Saleh and wanted him fired until this season, so I'm a bit skeptical his credentials as a head coach. Not to mention, has the Pete Carroll coaching tree ever produced anyone good yet?

Edited by Hukos
  • Like 1

Re: McDaniels, let's recap:

1.  Goes to DEN - takes over, and gets full personnel control.   Alienates Brandon Marshall & Jay Cutler...for a bunch of stiffs and Neckbeard Orton.  

2.  Goes to IND, agrees to become HC - then pulls out last-minute in a power play move back to NE.   Screws over a ton of assistants along the way.  

3.  Goes to CLE, interviews and asks for complete control of team, and the current regime that's survived the purge to be wiped out - so he can start clean.

Anyone thinking McD has really changed from his DEN days is completely out of touch with reality.   Great OC, sure.   HC with organizational control, given the above history?  Not in a million years.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Re: McDaniels, let's recap:

1.  Goes to DEN - takes over, and gets full personnel control.   Alienates Brandon Marshall & Jay Cutler...for a bunch of stiffs and Neckbeard Orton.  

2.  Goes to IND, agrees to become HC - then pulls out last-minute in a power play move back to NE.   Screws over a ton of assistants along the way.  

3.  Goes to CLE, interviews and asks for complete control of team, and the current regime that's survived the purge to be wiped out - so he can start clean.

Anyone thinking McD has really changed from his DEN days is completely out of touch with reality.   Great OC, sure.   HC with organizational control, given the above history?  Not in a million years.

Never forget his stint as OC for Spags in St. Louis 

3 minutes ago, Hukos said:

Do any fans of bad teams trust their owners? That's pretty a common thread among teams that are always bad.

Nope. Can't ever get too optimistic with Haslam around. I hope he's learned from his past mistakes and just writes the checks and stays out of the way. But we'll see about that... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

We were fans of this team way before Haslam.

Has little to do with anything honestly.

if you dislike the owner and think he does a terrible job you can always just not be a fan of the team. That's the most logical option. 

Edited by ninjapirate

Just now, ninjapirate said:

if you dislike the owner and think he goes a terrible job you can always just not be a fan of the team. That's the most logical option. 

There are like, only 10 or so good owners in the NFL so if everyone followed this logic there wouldn't be a whole lot of NFL teams with fans.